Neil Young

The mans brilliant from CSNY and the early days to present.

Is me dads favourite and so had to listen to him all the time when young, me dad told us he was really unpredictable live amd told us of a concert of his he went to in the 70's, Young played his entire new LP while the crowd jeered and demanded he play his old classics of the time. He finished his set and asked the crowd "do you want to hear the old stuff now?" to which the crown said yes and he went on to replay the whole new LP again.

was gutted the other year as we had ticket for liverpool and it got canceled.

The mans brilliant from CSNY and the early days to present.

Is me dads favourite and so had to listen to him all the time when young, me dad told us he was really unpredictable live amd told us of a concert of his he went to in the 70's, Young played his entire new LP while the crowd jeered and demanded he play his old classics of the time. He finished his set and asked the crowd "do you want to hear the old stuff now?" to which the crown said yes and he went on to replay the whole new LP again.

LOL yeah that was the 1973 tour. Shortly before that tour he'd had huge chart success with the Harvest album and lots of concert tickets got sold to people expecting to hear all the radio-friendly stuff from that album plus After the Gold Rush.

Instead they got the material from the Tonight's the Night album which no-one had heard (it wasn't released until 1975) and which cant really be described as radio-friendly.

I have bootlegs from that tour. There's one gig (I think Bristol) where he asks the audience (who are pissed off and jeering all the way through) if they'd like to hear a song they've heard before. They scream yes, and so then he plays Tonight's the Night (the song) again (which was the song he opened the gig with). The audience weren't impressed...

Everybody knows this is nowhere
After the Goldrush
Harvest
Tonights the night
Rust Never Sleeps

Buffalo Springfield stuff, Like a Hurricane from Live Rust and after reading this thread just ordered Zuma and On the Beach from Amazon. Stopped following new releases after a couple of dodgy ones but no doubt I've missed out on a few good uns.

Yep, he's brilliant, and great in concert too.

After the goldrush
Old man
every man needs a maid
cinnamon girl
like a hurricane
sample and hold
rockin in the free world
hey hey my my (look up the Farm Aid 85 performance)

I could go on... all 24 carat

If I could only choose 1 album, it would have to be Live Rust, from 78/79 IIRC - In the top 10 of all time albums for me, if not top 5

Live Rust - good call.

Finally getting to see him live for the first time in a few weeks. He's doing a mini acoustic tour over here, only about 6 dates on it. Playing a small 3500 person theatre here in Chicago. Paid an arm and a leg, but I'm sure it will be worth it.

Finally getting to see him live for the first time in a few weeks. He's doing a mini acoustic tour over here, only about 6 dates on it. Playing a small 3500 person theatre here in Chicago. Paid an arm and a leg, but I'm sure it will be worth it.
It will be worth every penny.
Saw him do an acoustic hour followed by an electric hour at the Apollo several years ago, amazing first hour.

I don't see Chicago on his tour list. I was just looking to see if he's playing near me anytime soon.
Detroit is the closest gig to me.

Picked up a girl at a party. Went back to hers. She played After the Goldrush. Been married 40 years now.
Bloody. Neil. Young.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.