Netanyahu Speech

JoeMercer'sWay said:
urmston said:
nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
You can skirt round the issue all you like and put your own spin on things but the middle ground that we all should agree on is that the present day massacre, persecution and apartheid policy against the Palestinians must stop as soon as possible.

Why should we all agree on anything?

I can't say I'm too bothered about Israel's problem with any of its near neighbours. They seem to have matters under control, and I don't think Israel is to blame for the utterly hopeless mess that the rest of the middle east's people have got themselves into, with war, no democracy, poor human rights, religious intolerance and collapsed economies.

sums you up.

I get the feeling you are not happy with that opinion of mine.

You should learn to celebrate the diversity of opinions on all topics.

Relax, take it easy.

Or as the kids say, or said until recently, chill out.

urmston said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
urmston said:
Why should we all agree on anything?

I can't say I'm too bothered about Israel's problem with any of its near neighbours. They seem to have matters under control, and I don't think Israel is to blame for the utterly hopeless mess that the rest of the middle east's people have got themselves into, with war, no democracy, poor human rights, religious intolerance and collapsed economies.

sums you up.

Relax, take it easy.

don't patronise me, diversity of opinion is fine, as long as it doesn't defend the indefensible.

"matters under control", what a comment.

"I don't think Israel is to blame", again, a corker.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
urmston said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
sums you up.

Relax, take it easy.

don't patronise me, diversity of opinion is fine, as long as it doesn't defend the indefensible.

I can patronise, name call and insult who I like on here.

We all can. And do.

It's all part of the fun.

It's my opinion that if all Israelis got on planes and boats and left their tiny, sub 0.5% sliver of the middle east to be taken over by other people from the region, then it would quickly become just as violent, warlike, undemocratic, intolerant and politically and economically backward as the rest of the region.

One thing's for sure. The Tel Aviv Gay Pride March would not happen again.

urmston said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
urmston said:

Relax, take it easy.

We all can. And do.

It's my opinion that if all Israelis got on planes and boats and left their tiny, sub 0.5% sliver of the middle east to be taken over by other people from the region, then it would quickly become just as violent, warlike, undemocratic, intolerant and politically and economically backward as the rest of the region.

Maybe, but at least 2,000 civilians wouldn't be murdered by a supposedly model of democracy and peace for the region in the last year alone.

Israel is at least partly responsible for the problems, and people like Netanyahu having things under control is a disaster for peace in the region, and innocent people not created in his own image. Hardly the beacon Israel is meant to be, its miles away from being what it should be. Israel's current regime survives off war and creating more of the same problems that afflict the rest of the Middle East. Gay pride marches are nice, but they're nothing compared to the real change Israel needs to introduce.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
urmston said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

We all can. And do.

Maybe, but at least 2,000 civilians wouldn't be murdered by a supposedly model of democracy and peace for the region in the last year alone.

Israel is at least partly responsible for the problems, and people like Netanyahu having things under control is a disaster for peace in the region, and innocent people not created in his own image. Hardly the beacon Israel is meant to be, its miles away from being what it should be. Israel's current regime survives off war and creating more of the same problems that afflict the rest of the Middle East. Gay pride marches are nice, but they're nothing compared to the real change Israel needs to introduce.

Israel is not a disaster for peace in the region because there is very little evidence that there'd be peace if Israel ceased to exist or had never existed.

When a vast region is plagued with war, violence, a lack of democracy, religious intolerance, persecution of women and minorities like gays, and is backward in economic terms, I find it very odd and suspicious that the only and tiny part of it which has free speech, a free press, free elections, freedom of religion, equal rights for women and minorities and a good economy comes in for so much criticism from certain people who claim to be interested in fairness, human rights and other noble causes.

Just what is their agenda?

urmston said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
urmston said:

We all can. And do.

Israel is not a disaster for peace in the region because there is very little evidence that there'd be peace if Israel ceased to exist or had never existed.

When a vast region is plagued with war, violence, a lack of democracy, religious intolerance, persecution of women and minorities like gays, and is backward in economic terms, I find it very odd and suspicious that the only and tiny part of it which has free speech, a free press, free elections, freedom of religion, equal rights for women and minorities and a good economy comes in for so much criticism from certain people who claim to be interested in fairness, human rights and other noble causes.

Agenda? that insinuation alone would normally be enough for me to disregard you.

However, I did not say Israel is a disaster for peace, I said people like Netanyahu in charge is a disaster for peace, as it is, as he is anti-peace and anti-solution regarding Palestine, his regime lives off antagonising the likes of Hamas, knowing what they're like and encouraging it so that he can be brutal in retaliation. Whilst Israel itself has numerous beneficial democratic traits, the fact they vote in a murderous criminal like Netanyahu undoes the good, and the reason its a disaster is because Netanyahu will continue with the same-old, when Israel should in fact be a leading light in the region, it should work towards fair solutions, it should support the innocent in all its neighbouring countries, it should respect its borders, respect the international community and support the creation of a fair solution for all peoples, including the Palestinians. It should be a true democracy, not one that is still way behind the times, supporting a war-mongering, genocidal regime that murders innocent people. I'm not expecting Israel to be anywhere near perfect, no country is, but there's a lot of things it could be doing to slowly help rebuild and modernise the region, instead it's intent on using its arsenal to behave just like the other nations around it, if not worse.

Netanyahu's Israel is like poking a bulldog with a stick, knowing it will bite, and when it does kicking its litter of pups to death as punishment. In that analogy I'm not excusing the nature of the bulldog(Hamas), it's wrong but it's also wrong to antagonise it to cause the reaction. If Israel spent its time actually supporting and helping the Palestinians, slowly rebuilding relations and giving them the supportive freedoms needed to create their own strong state, then I believe there would be benefit for all, and by showing a true, modern forward-thinking democratic approach I think it could begin to modernise the region. Whilst they vote Netanyahu, I will be firmly against what the larger proportion of Israeli people have elected, and will be vehemently against their foreign policy in the region, and I only hope that one day Netanyahu finds himself in the Hague, remembered for exactly who he is.

Your insinuation disgusts me.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
urmston said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

Agenda? that insinuation alone would normally be enough for me to disregard you.

However, I did not say Israel is a disaster for peace, I said people like Netanyahu in charge is a disaster for peace, as it is, as he is anti-peace and anti-solution regarding Palestine, his regime lives off antagonising the likes of Hamas, knowing what they're like and encouraging it so that he can be brutal in retaliation. Whilst Israel itself has numerous beneficial democratic traits, the fact they vote in a murderous criminal like Netanyahu undoes the good, and the reason its a disaster is because Netanyahu will continue with the same-old, when Israel should in fact be a leading light in the region, it should work towards fair solutions, it should support the innocent in all its neighbouring countries, it should respect its borders, respect the international community and support the creation of a fair solution for all peoples, including the Palestinians. It should be a true democracy, not one that is still way behind the times, supporting a war-mongering, genocidal regime that murders innocent people. I'm not expecting Israel to be anywhere near perfect, no country is, but there's a lot of things it could be doing to slowly help rebuild and modernise the region, instead it's intent on using its arsenal to behave just like the other nations around it, if not worse.

Netanyahu's Israel is like poking a bulldog with a stick, knowing it will bite, and when it does kicking its litter of pups to death as punishment. In that analogy I'm not excusing the nature of the bulldog(Hamas), it's wrong but it's also wrong to antagonise it to cause the reaction. If Israel spent its time actually supporting and helping the Palestinians, slowly rebuilding relations and giving them the supportive freedoms needed to create their own strong state, then I believe there would be benefit for all, and by showing a true, modern forward-thinking democratic approach I think it could begin to modernise the region. Whilst they vote Netanyahu, I will be firmly against what the larger proportion of Israeli people have elected, and will be vehemently against their foreign policy in the region, and I only hope that one day Netanyahu finds himself in the Hague, remembered for exactly who he is.

What insinuation?

I'm curious to know why some people fixate on the deeds of one tiny, free, tolerant and democratic nation and don't seem too bothered about the war, violence, repression, and intolerance of the huge area which surrounds it.

Do you know when the next elections are in Gaza?

urmston said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
urmston said:

What insinuation?

I'm curious to know why some people fixate on the deeds of one tiny, free, tolerant and democratic nation and don't seem too bothered about the war, violence, repression, and intolerance of the huge area which surrounds it.

Do you know when the next elections are in Gaza?

They'd be sooner with a peaceful Israel, imo.

That insinuation, exactly. Maybe it's because it's a discussion topic on a popular forum, perhaps its because there's so much more immediate potential for that nation to be so much better than it currently is, and perhaps its because we know it should know better. Furthermore what else is there to say about known terrorist organisations, and about horrors like IS. It may also be because I believe that Israel can help make the fundamental changes that lead to the quashing of Hamas that I don't believe the Palestinian people can implement themselves, at least on their own. But for it to happen, the people need the security and support Israel currently doesn't provide, and in fact, actively tries to prevent.

As it is, Israel has re-elected the man I'm sad to share my first name with, and it is my right to state how much I oppose his regime and actions, and how much I want him to meet his justice.

I look forward to the time when the whole of the middle east is composed of free, fair, democratic countries with freedom of religion and rights for women and minorities.

It seems that some people look forward to the time when the only tiny bit of the region which has reached that happy state is dragged back down to the current standards of the rest of the area, full of bitterness, hate, violence, intolerance and repression.

I can't imagine having a mind full of such negativity and the urge to harm what is good.

urmston said:
I look forward to the time when the whole of the middle east is composed of free, fair, democratic countries with freedom of religion and rights for women and minorities.

It seems that some people look forward to the time when the only tiny bit of the region which has reached that happy state is dragged back down to the current standards of the rest of the area, full of bitterness, hate, violence, intolerance and repression.

I can't imagine having a mind full of such negativity and the urge to harm what is good.

which is exactly what Netanyahu's foreign policy in the region is. I hope instead of being dragged down there, which it already has, that actually Israel moves back away from them and helps enable everything in your first line. Your second and third lines are as misguided as your view on video games, only far more sinister.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.