Netanyahu Speech

adrianr said:
F100819KG04-e1411395307501.jpg

I'd be a c**t too if I was having to bang that.
And what the actual fuck is that?

aguero93:20 said:
west didsblue said:
There are c255,000 Palestinian Israeli citizens that can only vote in Jerusalem municipal elections and not National Assembly elections as far as I'm aware, if you can prove that they do have a vote in the forthcoming Israeli elections I'll happily concede the point.
Even if that's true which I don't think it is, 255,000 is less than 5% - nowhere near 22%.

I've done some checking and can't find any evidence at all that any Israeli arab citizens in Jerusalem aren't allowed to vote in Israeli elections.

Just a sample size that's all :)

I was referring to Israeli citizens with Palestinian heritage, not Arabs. I'm well aware that many Arab citizens are allowed to vote and I actually want to avoid the blurring of lines between state policy and religious groups that some others seem keen to encourage.

All Israeli citizens are entitled to vote irrespective of their heritage. The only people not entitled to vote are Palestinians in East Jerusalem who opted not to take up Israeli citizenship after 1967. Their legal status is "Permanent Residents". They have the right to take up Israeli citizenship if they want but many choose not to.

urmston said:
west didsblue said:
There are c255,000 Palestinian Israeli citizens that can only vote in Jerusalem municipal elections and not National Assembly elections as far as I'm aware, if you can prove that they do have a vote in the forthcoming Israeli elections I'll happily concede the point.
Even if that's true which I don't think it is, 255,000 is less than 5% - nowhere near 22%.

I've done some checking and can't find any evidence at all that any Israeli arab citizens in Jerusalem aren't allowed to vote in Israeli elections.

That's because there is no evidence. The 22% figure is manufactured by various oddball groups, some of whom even think that people in Gaza should be allowed to vote in Israeli elections when Gaza is not part of Israel and its inhabitants are not Israeli citizens.

Of course, these alleged advocates of scrupulous electoral fairness never seem to be bothered that Gaza had its own elections in 2006, and because Hamas won them there haven't been any since, or that elections in other middle east countries either never happen, are rigged or routinely ignored by all sorts of military coups and uprisings.
don't think gaza is any state to vote isn't he back in rehab.

anyway back on to topic , lets fucking nuke Israel and any muslim countries whilst were in the area , fucking sick of the lot of them , war mongering cunts

There are Palestinians who live in Israel who do not have the right to vote in national elections because they do not have Israeli citizenship.
From Wikipedia (I know, I know - it's not really reliable):

Most of the Arabs living in East Jerusalem and the Golan Heights, occupied by Israel in the Six-Day War of 1967 and later annexed, were offered Israeli citizenship, but most have refused, not wanting to recognize Israel's claim to sovereignty. They became permanent residents instead. They have the right to apply for citizenship, are entitled to municipal services, and have municipal voting rights.

Obviously not an ideal situation, but not necessarily one that makes Israel undemocratic either.

Prestwich_Blue said:
adrianr said:
F100819KG04-e1411395307501.jpg

I'd be a c**t too if I was having to bang that.
However bad Mr Netanyahu is, Mrs N is ten times worse allegedly. An absolute harridan by all accounts.
By Urmston's reckoning you must now find an Arab Muslim lady vile or you are antisemitic......oh wait a minute.

sir peace frog said:
urmston said:
west didsblue said:

That's because there is no evidence. The 22% figure is manufactured by various oddball groups, some of whom even think that people in Gaza should be allowed to vote in Israeli elections when Gaza is not part of Israel and its inhabitants are not Israeli citizens.

Of course, these alleged advocates of scrupulous electoral fairness never seem to be bothered that Gaza had its own elections in 2006, and because Hamas won them there haven't been any since, or that elections in other middle east countries either never happen, are rigged or routinely ignored by all sorts of military coups and uprisings.
don't think gaza is any state to vote isn't he back in rehab.

anyway back on to topic , lets fucking nuke Israel and any muslim countries whilst were in the area , fucking sick of the lot of them , war mongering c**ts

I would change your username to just sir frog

west didsblue said:
west didsblue said:

I was referring to Israeli citizens with Palestinian heritage, not Arabs. I'm well aware that many Arab citizens are allowed to vote and I actually want to avoid the blurring of lines between state policy and religious groups that some others seem keen to encourage.

All Israeli citizens are entitled to vote irrespective of their heritage. The only people not entitled to vote are Palestinians in East Jerusalem who opted not to take up Israeli citizenship after 1967. Their legal status is "Permanent Residents". They have the right to take up Israeli citizenship if they want but many choose not to.

That's not how it was put to me, I'll have to check it.

Damocles said:
urmston said:
Are you accusing me of being anti-semetic?

No. Can't you read?

I'm saying that you aren't. Nobody ever suspects anyone who obsesses about Israel's alleged failings while rarely if ever mentioning those of other middle east countries of being anti-semitic.

These people have assured us they aren't anti-Semitic, and we take their word for it.

Yes we do.

I think you're a racist. And your views on Israel are entirely coloured by your ethnicity/religion. And you're calling people anti-Semitic because you have absolutely no point at all to stand on and are using it as a way of trying to embarrass people into silence.

And I don't need to hide behind sarcasm to say it.

You are entitled to your opinion.

I'm never impressed when people have to start slinging such accusations about to bolster their flagging powers of debate and to attempt to inhibit others from expressing their opinions.

I'd never do that.

When people obsess about the failings of one group of people I am always pleased when they tell me they aren't prejudiced in any way.

It sets my mind at rest.

west didsblue said:

All residents of Mandate Palestine before 1948, both Arab and Jew, were known as Palestinians so the Israeli citizens of Palestinian heritage who are not Arabs are in fact Jews.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.