Netflix, Amazon Prime, Now TV etc

Nicely summed up, the VPN changes your IP address to that of your VPN service's location; this means that if they pursue you they'll just end up at your VPN service

It's worth noting though that your computer then becomes part of the VPN so there is always a risk of someone accessing your computer that is also on that VPN. I wouldn't use my laptop with personal stuff on to access a VPN, if its just through your tv and the IP range is different from your other devices (which it should be).

It's worth noting though that your computer then becomes part of the VPN so there is always a risk of someone accessing your computer that is also on that VPN. I wouldn't use my laptop with personal stuff on to access a VPN, if its just through your tv and the IP range is different from your other devices (which it should be).
With all due respect Andy that isn't correct unless you are using a VPN like hola. Your connection is encrypted between you directly to the server

With all due respect Andy that isn't correct unless you are using a VPN like hola. Your connection is encrypted between you directly to the server

Really? I was under the impression that my connection was encrypted and tunneled out to the VPN server, i.e. New Jersey 1. So in that sense, my traffic is completely encrypted and my ISP can only see the start and finish location of that traffic. The ISP is entitled to ask the provider of the network for traffic content, but the VPN will refuse.

This VPN will likely have an admin, and if they wanted to and/or had the knowledge to they could access my computer as I was part of their network? This likely wouldn't happen using a paid VPN service, but a free VPN wouldn't be trustworthy in my eyes.

Really? I was under the impression that my connection was encrypted and tunneled out to the VPN server, i.e. New Jersey 1. So in that sense, my traffic is completely encrypted and my ISP can only see the start and finish location of that traffic. The ISP is entitled to ask the provider of the network for traffic content, but the VPN will refuse.

This VPN will likely have an admin, and if they wanted to and/or had the knowledge to they could access my computer as I was part of their network? This likely wouldn't happen using a paid VPN service, but a free VPN wouldn't be trustworthy in my eyes.
Oh in that sense I agree Andy, it's possible a VPN provider could shape your traffic or giveaway your internet traffic history; this is why like yourself I don't l won't trust a free VPN as you are the product at the end of the day

Oh in that sense I agree Andy, it's possible a VPN provider could shape your traffic or giveaway your internet traffic history; this is why like yourself I don't l won't trust a free VPN as you are the product at the end of the day

Yeah it is definitely worth investing the money in one, if you need it.

Just started watching the Netfix Original series SEX EDUCATION, i wan't holding out much hope for this but that was before i realised Gillian Anderson was the boys mother.

I have to say that she has aged rather well.

wife pays for Amazon prime to get free delivery, the stuff thats free with that is very very dissapointing.

Interesting you say that. I feel that Prime is rather a good offering. A year ago it wasn't all that hot, but it's got better and better. I probably watch that more than Netflix.

As far as i know Amazon execs are very happy with prime video attributing 5m new customers to that service being the big pull to those customers. Original programming is set to increase also.

On a side note Amazon generally offer the best quality sources for movies and tv, sometimes beating the bluray. However NF offer h265 now and it looks pretty good imo.

Youtube and Disney are not going to be shifted easily either.Disney having the might of so many ip rights/franchises and youtube being owned by skynet themselves. Both companies have more than enough clout to be a major producer of, popular original or otherwise, content.

Good times to be a tv show fan imo. However that is slightly tempered by Disney and their strict no R rated stuff rule. The exemption they have made for Deadpool 3 is already giving them cold shivers. They have the money but right now Disney is a mess with the MCU their one saving grace. The content seems to be infected with to much politics of any sort and agenda and it is suffocating the stuff they put out. Their execs need to find some guts and create two divisions, the non R rated and the R rated branches. This would immediately put a stop to all the executives holding production up of stuff due to wanting re-writes due to worry of upsetting the public.

You could start production without the pg13 handicap on you, i suspect this is going to cause a lot of hassle.

Just started watching the Netfix Original series SEX EDUCATION, i wan't holding out much hope for this but that was before i realised Gillian Anderson was the boys mother.

I have to say that she has aged rather well.

good series, I think every bloke will recognise some moments from their own past :)

As far as i know Amazon execs are very happy with prime video attributing 5m new customers to that service being the big pull to those customers. Original programming is set to increase also.

On a side note Amazon generally offer the best quality sources for movies and tv, sometimes beating the bluray. However NF offer h265 now and it looks pretty good imo.

Youtube and Disney are not going to be shifted easily either.Disney having the might of so many ip rights/franchises and youtube being owned by skynet themselves. Both companies have more than enough clout to be a major producer of, popular original or otherwise, content.

Good times to be a tv show fan imo. However that is slightly tempered by Disney and their strict no R rated stuff rule. The exemption they have made for Deadpool 3 is already giving them cold shivers. They have the money but right now Disney is a mess with the MCU their one saving grace. The content seems to be infected with to much politics of any sort and agenda and it is suffocating the stuff they put out. Their execs need to find some guts and create two divisions, the non R rated and the R rated branches. This would immediately put a stop to all the executives holding production up of stuff due to wanting re-writes due to worry of upsetting the public.

You could start production without the pg13 handicap on you, i suspect this is going to cause a lot of hassle.

Interesting post. The various Netflix Marvel series have been canned, supposedly because of the Disney thing, but I can't imagine something like The Punisher will be on Disney.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.