Netherlands v England - Wed 10th July, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Semi-Final

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And you lot left the tournament as the biggest donkeys and an embarrassment. Talk about class - the way you come on an English football forum and act like you have done, right from your first days on bluemoon is classless. One of the biggest gobshites on the forum.
Woah woah…..

I think I’ve a good shout at the gobshite stakes

I think Germany, Spain and France have all won things, repeatedly, whereas you’re a Russian linesman away from winning fuck all. How did they all end up in the hardest route? You’re lucky and jammy when groups are allocated and the route if the draw you end up in. There’s no way you’re in the same ieague as the above 3.

Watching Spain right now, whoever gets them in the final are getting handed their arse.

As for us, we aren’t at the races, neither are you ability wise. Every one of your games have been an instant cure for insomnia. You probably noticed. All I’m saying is on your displays, if you hadn’t been drawn against second rate teams, relatively, you woukd never have got through. You have to know that.

Oh I do know how it works, but, again, you have won fuck all for 60 years and that took a goal that was never a goal. If I supported any of Germany, France or Spain I would be asking questions. You mentioned getting to the semi finals and final, you played fuck all on the way to both of them too.

You’re lucky and it makes you look like contenders, but when you look at who you actually beat, it’s falls apart. Do you actually think your team is in the same bracket as the best here?

You confuse having the best ieague in the world with you being up there. What is it the best teams have in relation to English players? Two if you’re lucky? It’s the best because you can afford to bring the best, take them away and your ieague is nothing.

Need to end it, Southgate in talking and I’m starting to feel queasy. Good luck tomorrow night. Let’s hope it lasts.

You can only play what's in front of you as they say. I think every man and his dog knows Spain are the best team right now. Our route has been kind but they still had to get the job done.

As with football history there is rarely many shocks in football as we make tend to make out. It's always the usual suspects winning.

For every Greece, Porto, Leicester underdog victories is the usual predictability about football.

I believe Netherlands and England squads 10 or so years ago were far superior than we both have now. For that reason I think both are doing a decent job, but ours is far from a pretty watch.

His press confence went something like this

We look to hurt them , they look to hurt us , i like to drop here and there to punish them

Ok then

What he actually said :

Captain Harry Kane, on the difference in mentality from 2018 - when England lost to Croatia in the World Cup semi-final - to now: "I think you just use past experiences to help. We've got a lot of players who have experienced big games at a club and international level. You try and use all that to prepare you in the best way possible and control the nerves and excitement.

"Tomorrow night will be no different, we had a goal and target of where we want to be and what we think's achievable. Step by step we're getting closer to that target. We prepare for tomorrow night like any other game.

"I just think during the game you lean on experience, the leaders who have been there and done that. Ultimately it's about going out there and taking the opportunity with both hands.

"Reaching back-to-back European Championship finals would be an amazing achievement and we have the opportunity to go and do that."

Harry Kane, on the pressure at the beginning and whether players did anything differently: "No, there weren't any meetings. As one of the leaders, as the captain, you're always talking to your players. Especially the newer players, they're always asking about experiences.

"I think we do a good job of preparing all the players before the tournament. There's a lot that goes into tournament football, there's a lot of media attention, so it's about dealing with all that.

"Over the years, we've handled that really well and this tournament has been no different. Maybe the expectation and noise has been a bit louder but I think we've handled that really well.

"Ultimately it's down to what we want to achieve but we have a really close togetherness. That's all we're thinking about."

England captain Harry Kane, on whether he would rather face Virgil van Dijk or Matthijs de Ligt: "[Matthjis] has been a [Bayern Munich] team-mate of mine, a fantastic player. I'm not sure if he's going to start tomorrow or not but if he does we've had a lot of battles in training so I'm sure tomorrow will be no different.

"I've had a lot of battles with Virgil over the years, sometimes he's won and sometimes I have.

"Whoever plays will be tough opponent. I'll always prepare in the same way to make them as uncomfortable as possible but they'll do the same as me.

"I enjoy playing against the best in the world, that's why you want to play these games. I'm looking forward to that challenge tomorrow."

Netherlands are shit, we should have enough to beat them.

Be interesting to see if Ake can keep Saka as quiet as he usually does.

They certainly are not as good when they had Van Persie, Van Nisterooy, Robben, Van Der Sar, Schneider, Robben etc. If anything it looks pretty mediocre on paper.

That said Netherlands probably think that about us considering the squad we had in the Capello days.

I know the Spaniards will be licking their lips whoever they get

You can only play what's in front of you as they say. I think every man and his dog knows Spain are the best team right now. Our route has been kind but they still had to get the job done.

As with football history there is rarely many shocks in football as we make tend to make out. It's always the usual suspects winning.

For every Greece, Porto, Leicester underdog victories is the usual predictability about football.

I believe Netherlands and England squads 10 or so years ago were far superior than we both have now. For that reason I think both are doing a decent job, but ours is far from a pretty watch.

England weren't great 2012/14 talent wise.

The golden generation players were at the end of their careers and the younger players weren't on the level of Foden, Bellingham, Saka, Rice etc.

2014 WC squad:

1 Joe Hart goalkeeper, Manchester City

2 Glen Johnson defender, Liverpool

3 Leighton Baines defender, Everton

4 Steven Gerrard (captain) midfielder, Liverpool

10 Wayne Rooney forward, Manchester United

11 Danny Welbeck forward, Manchester United

12 Chris Smalling defender, Manchester United

13 Ben Foster goalkeeper, West Bromwich Albion

14 Jordan Henderson midfielder, Liverpool

15 Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain midfielder, Arsenal

16 Phil Jones defender, Manchester United

17 James Milner midfielder, Manchester City

18 Rickie Lambert forward, Liverpool

19 Raheem Sterling midfielder, Liverpool

20 Adam Lallana midfielder, Southampton

21 Ross Barkley midfielder, Everton

22 Fraser Forster goalkeeper, Celtic

23 Luke Shaw defender, Southampton

5 Gary Cahill defender, Chelsea

6 Phil Jagielka defender, Everton

7 Jack Wilshere midfielder, Arsenal

8 Frank Lampard midfielder, Chelsea

9 Daniel Sturridge forward, Liverpool

You can talk about us getting a favourable decision all you like but we were in the World Cup Final and the score stood at 2-2. It was going to go either way and by a poor decision, it went our way.

If you want to talk about luck - we had one of the most ridiculous goals given against us in the 1986 World Cup quarter final, we would've played in another World Cup Final in 1990 if we had won a penalty shoot out, we would've been in another Euros Final in 1996 if we had won a penalty shoot out, we were knocked out of the 1998 World Cup on penalties, we had a freak goal scored against us in the quarter final of the 2002 World Cup against one of the best Brazil teams since 1982, in 2004, we were ripping up the Euros tournament when Wayne Rooney was injured - we went on the lose another penalty shootout, in 2008 we were beaten in the World Cup Quarter Final in yet another penalty shootout, in Euro 2012 we were shit but were put out in the quarter finals by Italy in guess what - another penalty shootout, in 2021 we got to the Euros final and were beaten by Italy in a penalty shootout.

If countless England managers and coaches had been given the brains to take penalty practice more seriously, we could easily have been in an extra World Cup Final, an extra World Cup semi final, an extra World Cup quarter final, won a European Championship, been in another Euros final on home soil, and been in an extra two Euros semi finals.

Luck goes two ways and we've had a fuck load go against us that has more than compensated for the linesman in 1966 - in a game that finished 4-2 anyway.

France ended up on the wrong side of the draw because they finished second in their group. Had they won it, they'd have played Turkey and then Holland and had they beat those two, England would've been playing France tonight. It isn't England's fault that we won our group but France didn't win theirs.

I do believe that whoever plays Spain is likely to get a good beating but it's a final and as pointed out on here many times, finals can be weird occasions. If finals always went the way of the favourites, City would be two FA Cups up, United and Wigan would be one down, Liverpool would have another, Wimbledon wouldn't have one and the countless more examples that are littered throughout the history of football.

Scotland and England not being at the races ability wise - well that can hardly be held as a comparison. English players repeatedly get to and win Champions League finals at club level and have recently developed a habit of reaching semi finals in International Football. We can't be drawing shit teams in every tournament, we are drawing and beating teams who have reached quarter finals. In the last Euros, we beat Germany at Wembley.

Honestly - I've never really been bothered about Scotland but this summer, you've turned into a load of bitches, moaning about everything. "England think they're better than they are" - no we don't, we know we're shit but expect better. "England's fans sing about wars" - your national anthem is about a 700 year old battle. "England have lucky draws" - it's because we're better than you. And to top it off, the chant befitting the scousers - "No Scotland, No Party" - well the tournaments between 1998 and 2018 were just fine and dandy without you skirt wearing fuckers turning up for your customary week and a half.
Wow, some post that. I think it's put the bitter magicpole right back in his box. Lol.

PS I actually like him as a poster but when he gets a bee in his bonnet he can be proper irritable, like many Jocks.

You can talk about us getting a favourable decision all you like but we were in the World Cup Final and the score stood at 2-2. It was going to go either way and by a poor decision, it went our way.

If you want to talk about luck - we had one of the most ridiculous goals given against us in the 1986 World Cup quarter final, we would've played in another World Cup Final in 1990 if we had won a penalty shoot out, we would've been in another Euros Final in 1996 if we had won a penalty shoot out, we were knocked out of the 1998 World Cup on penalties, we had a freak goal scored against us in the quarter final of the 2002 World Cup against one of the best Brazil teams since 1982, in 2004, we were ripping up the Euros tournament when Wayne Rooney was injured - we went on the lose another penalty shootout, in 2008 we were beaten in the World Cup Quarter Final in yet another penalty shootout, in Euro 2012 we were shit but were put out in the quarter finals by Italy in guess what - another penalty shootout, in 2021 we got to the Euros final and were beaten by Italy in a penalty shootout.

If countless England managers and coaches had been given the brains to take penalty practice more seriously, we could easily have been in an extra World Cup Final, an extra World Cup semi final, an extra World Cup quarter final, won a European Championship, been in another Euros final on home soil, and been in an extra two Euros semi finals.

Luck goes two ways and we've had a fuck load go against us that has more than compensated for the linesman in 1966 - in a game that finished 4-2 anyway.

France ended up on the wrong side of the draw because they finished second in their group. Had they won it, they'd have played Turkey and then Holland and had they beat those two, England would've been playing France tonight. It isn't England's fault that we won our group but France didn't win theirs.

I do believe that whoever plays Spain is likely to get a good beating but it's a final and as pointed out on here many times, finals can be weird occasions. If finals always went the way of the favourites, City would be two FA Cups up, United and Wigan would be one down, Liverpool would have another, Wimbledon wouldn't have one and the countless more examples that are littered throughout the history of football.

Scotland and England not being at the races ability wise - well that can hardly be held as a comparison. English players repeatedly get to and win Champions League finals at club level and have recently developed a habit of reaching semi finals in International Football. We can't be drawing shit teams in every tournament, we are drawing and beating teams who have reached quarter finals. In the last Euros, we beat Germany at Wembley.

Honestly - I've never really been bothered about Scotland but this summer, you've turned into a load of bitches, moaning about everything. "England think they're better than they are" - no we don't, we know we're shit but expect better. "England's fans sing about wars" - your national anthem is about a 700 year old battle. "England have lucky draws" - it's because we're better than you. And to top it off, the chant befitting the scousers - "No Scotland, No Party" - well the tournaments between 1998 and 2018 were just fine and dandy without you skirt wearing fuckers turning up for your customary week and a half.

Great post! and spot on.

BUT... '' Honestly - I've never really been bothered about Scotland but this summer, you've turned into a load of bitches, moaning about everything.'' - This has to equally be thrown at England fans surely.

Great post! and spot on.

BUT... '' Honestly - I've never really been bothered about Scotland but this summer, you've turned into a load of bitches, moaning about everything.'' - This has to equally be thrown at England fans surely.
The anti English element in the Scottish support is a national disgrace. The average Scottish football fan boo their own national anthem FFS!! They actually had 40,000 booing the Lichtenstein national anthem as it’s the same tune as ‘The King’

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.