Never meet your heroes.....

I was at a Fred Eyre book launch at Sachas Hotel (when it was decent) early nineties.
All the top players from both City and scum were there.
Went up to a table full of their lot and asked Bryan Robson did he have a pen,he passed me one and sat expecting me to ask him to sign the ticket/invite i had in my hand.
I then turned around to the table behind and asked Quinny for his autograph,then gave the pen back to the red twat with a polite "ta".
He wasnt impressed !

Met Terry Cooke and Gareth Taylor in a sports shop in Spain, top geezers. Realllly nice blokes.

I was at a Fred Eyre book launch at Sachas Hotel (when it was decent) early nineties.
All the top players from both City and scum were there.
Went up to a table full of their lot and asked Bryan Robson did he have a pen,he passed me one and sat expecting me to ask him to sign the ticket/invite i had in my hand.
I then turned around to the table behind and asked Quinny for his autograph,then gave the pen back to the red twat with a polite "ta".
He wasnt impressed !

Brilliant. I suppose chucking the pen back at Captain Fantastic would have been over-egging it.

This thread has taken a turn for the worse. Damned lies being peddled by Trafford apologists

On a similar theme I live close to "Big Neil" in Whaley Bridge, who you might remember as the chef who used to take a frozen chicken into the Platt Lane circa 93-94.
He dealt with all the players of both clubs and always reckoned that Ferguson was actually a top bloke who loved our masochistic sense of humour.

I met Micah Richards at an Alicia Keys concert filmed at Manchester Cathedral for MTG.
He was so lovely I old enough to be his mother and had quite a bit of wine on board. I just walked past him and shook his hand. One of his friends offered to take a photo. Anyway I then carried on drunkenly chatting to him and told him he was better than Walker and Glen Johnson and Should have been playing for England, He was laughing and friendly as I walked away I grabbed his hand again and said it was a pleasure to have met him - he grabbed both my hands and said no it's a pleasure to met you love! He seemed really genuine.

I found out afterwards my realnhero David Silva had been there! I have however been fortunate enough to met David twice - not disappointed at all - friendly and humble with a huge smile.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.