New “UEFA Financial Sustainability” rules

I’ve just read Swiss Ramble’s twitter summary.

Im far from an expert but understood two thirds of it so it’s worth a read.

The bottom line for me is if you are already rich you will mostly be fine but if you aren’t you'll struggle more.

From our point of view I think we are OK and some of the changes actually benefit us.It could have been a lot worse.

UEFA cannot come up with a rule now that hits us but not the history clubs. It’s pretty much too late to stop us but not others.

It makes more sense than FFP which isn’t saying much I know.

I thought football was supposed to be encouraging youth and womens football?
These rules will cause investment in these areas to drop, again, and some teams may drop their womens team all together (or drop plans to introduce one)
I would imagine a U-turn on this once UEFA boffins have sobered up

No we don’t have to believe that. The point is that the three companies that own a slice of Bayern and sponsor them have decided that the arrangement and the costs are commercially advantageous to them. No outsider should be allowed to interfere with freely entered into contracts on some dodgy subjective grounds. Of course in Bayern’s case, UEFA wont interfere as they are a G14 club. But they will try with City! It is the difference in treatment by UEFA that is objectionable, not Bayern’s commercial set up.
Well yeah, Bayern's commercial arrangements are none of our business, until they start making our commercial arrangements their business, then there are legitimate questions to ask about what counts as a 'related party.' In fact, the existence of clubs like Bayern was probably the main reason why this could never realistically be enforced and they've had to scrap it.

New infrastructure rules to make it harder and more expensive for clubs wanting to increase stadium capacity, and to improve their training facilities, if they are in UEFA competitions. What a strange rule change that is.
Can you name a club that has benefited from building a world class training complex? City make a fortune from the academy. Now it’s not allowed. No transparency needed.

Yep… get that drawbridge pulled up. Don’t want anyone else joining the cartel money machine.
Newcastle also, I think - I don’t know on their present infrastructure
Everton are committed to spending hundreds of millions on a new stadium and are making huge losses at the same time

Fail to see how the 'fair value' thing can ever stand up to be honest.

This is quite a high level opinion, but if say United have 659m fans (or what they deemed to be 'fans' upon that count about 20 years ago), and we share a pitch with them at least twice a season with the same sets of eyes viewing the same pitch, how can it be proven that our sponsors do not realise the same level of commercial exposure?

Each and every time said fan base looks at the league table and counts how many points and places they are below us, they are still seeing that City are currently miles ahead of them in terms of performance. Effectively all associated sponsors are guilty by proxy of contributing to a well run and successful organisation.

What am I missing?
Especially when Spanish clubs are placing 1 bilion euro release clauses on players contracts

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.