New Approach - Plan B

BlueMoonz1977

Okay.... watching the last few weeks of the style and approach we have taken, we seem to have moved from a possession based game to counter-attack style and that was also evident today against Spurs

Either a plan B is being prepared for when we play tricky games both in the premier league and champions league with Pellegrini still to be in charge... or we are looking to go with Klopp in the summer who we all know favours this style of play.

Still think the possession game will be utilized but that will be in games against lesser opposition which we can control easily, counter-attack against the bigger teams and especially in Europe looks like it is being finally implemented

Thoughts.......

BlueMoonz1977 said:
Still think the possession game will be utilized but that will be in games against lesser opposition which we can control easily, counter-attack against the bigger teams and especially in Europe looks like it is being finally implemented

It's a very smart idea if that's true but we'll have to wait and see if this continues over the next few games.

BlueMoonz1977 said:
Okay.... watching the last few weeks of the style and approach we have taken, we seem to have moved from a possession based game to counter-attack style and that was also evident today against Spurs

Either a plan B is being prepared for when we play tricky games both in the premier league and champions league with Pellegrini still to be in charge... or we are looking to go with Klopp in the summer who we all know favours this style of play.

Thoughts.......

I don't know if Klopp has anything to do with it but I agree with the rest. Until we become flexible between the two approaches we won't be successful in Europe in my opinion.

dobobobo said:
Why the fuck would a manager set things up for his replacement?

I also said Pellegrini to be in charge as a plan b, I agree that it would be unheard of for this too happen. But the sudden change of heart from the last few weeks in how we approach games from the usual style of possession based will obviously raise that question anyway

City have always utilised fast counter attacking under Pellegrini.

In fact it was the biggest change between him and Mancini.

BlueMoonz1977 said:

Thoughts.......

We did the exact same thing last season (ironically against Spurs at ours). Gave them more of the ball and battered them on the counter.

Dont know if we 'switched styles' persay, just came up against a team who is comfortable going forward rather than the park the bus shite we come up against all too often.

BlueMoonz1977 said:

Thoughts.......
I think it's more of a case of playing teams like Spurs who always attack, and Villa going a goal down early on having areal go.

We're not dominating possession like we used to, but I don't think that's deliberate

BlueMoonz1977 said:
dobobobo said:
Why the fuck would a manager set things up for his replacement?

I also said Pellegrini to be in charge as a plan b, I agree that it would be unheard of for this too happen. But the sudden change of heart from the last few weeks in how we approach games from the usual style of possession based will obviously raise that question anyway

No manager would set up a team for his replacement just before getting sacked unless he was an idiot.

How the fuck do we play a counter attacking game if the other team is content to park the bus fully or play a counter attacking game where they only commit 3 or 4 players?

We need to mix it up and get someone to shoot from 25 yards or thread it through rather than dicking about with it and losing possession here. Only kolarov is doing this at the moment with any accuracy, yaya's efforts this season have mainly gone into the stand.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.