New Arsenal manager(Unai Emery)

Ric

Administrator
Rui Faria and Željko Buvač have both been linked with the job, having recently resigned their positions at United and Liverpool respectively. However, The Guardian have reported that Mikel Arteta has emerged as a strong candidate, and even go so far as to say that “members of staff at the club [Arsenal] now expect him to be offered the job”.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...eta-arsenal-managers-job-interest-max-allegri

So if Arteta gets the gig he takes with him all he has learned from Pep .?

Someone did make the point elsewhere that in virtually any other line of business you’d be put on gardening leave for six months rather than being allowed to go straight to a, ahem, direct rival. Not that I imagine you can just copy & paste Guardiola’s methods elsewhere, of course. I suspect the man himself is integral to his success rather than just the methodology.

Pep has taught Arteta everything Arteta knows, but not everything Pep knows
Arteta may be offered the job, but it doesn't mean he'll take it, he might prefer to stay working with Pep and our squad here.

Whoever takes Arsenal on has a big rebuilding job, and the fact they are looking at appointing a coach without much first team coaching experience suggests that money will continue to be tight, and even if Arteta felt he could do the job, he may feel its too early, plus if Pep (and the senior guys at the club) really rate him, they'll try hard to persuade him to stay here, we might have our own opening in a couple of years time, and he will know everything about us from top to bottom.

Someone did make the point elsewhere that in virtually any other line of business you’d be put on gardening leave for six months rather than being allowed to go straight to a, ahem, direct rival. Not that I imagine you can just copy & paste Guardiola’s methods elsewhere, of course. I suspect the man himself is integral to his success rather than just the methodology.
The key here is the phrase "direct rival"
Would we be fussed about Arteta going to manage Burnley or Everton? Both with 5-10 points of them, versus 37 points between city and Arsenal

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.