New Arsenal manager(Unai Emery)

I think this is a very astute appointment the guy is a class act and given time will do a good job.

Watched his presser. Sounds like Borat of Football

Could not listen to that voice everyday
Considering English is his 3rd(?) Language and he's still not fluent. He chose his words carefully and did well expressing it imo. It'll improve over time and usage.

Bit late to the party on this one, but i'm very content with the appointment. It's not mind blowing by any means, but i think it's a good, sensible appointment. He actually fits the criteria very well, youngish coach but with good experience, won trophies, can work with a DoF setup, to a budget, track record of improving players etc. Plus his coaching style has things we lacked under Wenger, like wanting to play a structured pressing game, playing with intensity, attention to detail in every aspect. I think it's a good next step.

Plus, who else could we realistically got? We are never appointing the likes of Simeone, Allegri was a long shot, guys like Henry, Arteta, & Vieira have limited experience. Plus, lets be honest, the target over the next couple of years will not be the title (can't see anyone stopping you guys while Pep is still here), it will be to stabilize us & get us back on an upward trajectory.

There is talent in the squad, guys like Bellerin, Ramsey, Wilshere, Lacazette, Mkhitaryan, Ozil, Aubameyang, even Xhaka, have all shown in the past they can be good players. They just need properly coached & into a more structured way of playing, accompanied by the right signings to give us a better balance.

Bit late to the party on this one, but i'm very content with the appointment. It's not mind blowing by any means, but i think it's a good, sensible appointment. He actually fits the criteria very well, youngish coach but with good experience, won trophies, can work with a DoF setup, to a budget, track record of improving players etc. Plus his coaching style has things we lacked under Wenger, like wanting to play a structured pressing game, playing with intensity, attention to detail in every aspect. I think it's a good next step.

Plus, who else could we realistically got? We are never appointing the likes of Simeone, Allegri was a long shot, guys like Henry, Arteta, & Vieira have limited experience. Plus, lets be honest, the target over the next couple of years will not be the title (can't see anyone stopping you guys while Pep is still here), it will be to stabilize us & get us back on an upward trajectory.

There is talent in the squad, guys like Bellerin, Ramsey, Wilshere, Lacazette, Mkhitaryan, Ozil, Aubameyang, even Xhaka, have all shown in the past they can be good players. They just need properly coached & into a more structured way of playing, accompanied by the right signings to give us a better balance.

Problem you immediately have is that your defence is worryingly weak. The only talent in that area, by your reckoning, is Bellerin, and Xhaka is only accommodated with reservation. The question is whether he can get those attacking players to press effectively for 90 minutes without leaving the weaknesses at the back exposed and without burning the attackers out. Lots of good individual players, on their day, but little evidence in the last two seasons to say that they are willing to work for each other as a unit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.