New Arsenal manager(Unai Emery)

Were Arsenal to appoint Arteta, to me it would be the clearest signal yet that Guardiola has changed the English game beyond the club. It would be the first indication from another top club that the style of football has to be changed dramatically if anyone is to close the gap on us. It would be quite a gamble for Arsenal, however, because attempting to replicate the system and style of play would depend heavily on having quality players, and while I think they have certain good players who are capable of adapting and getting Arsenal back in the top 2-4 positions, the gulf between what they have and us has been made evident in the three meetings. Would their fans be patient enough to tolerate the initial problems?

I think you could argue we have been patient these last 10 years or so however, the priority for any incoming manager is to regain Champions League football. As for Arteta, it would be a courageous move to appoint someone so young but he is a very bright guy and as an ex player were he to be appointed, I have no doubt the fans would get right behind him and also give him time to establish improvement.

However, it's difficult to see anyone challenging City for the next few years.

I think you could argue we have been patient these last 10 years or so however, the priority for any incoming manager is to regain Champions League football. As for Arteta, it would be a courageous move to appoint someone so young but he is a very bright guy and as an ex player were he to be appointed, I have no doubt the fans would get right behind him and also give him time to establish improvement.

However, it's difficult to see anyone challenging City for the next few years.

I would argue that far from being patient you were complacent and as slow as you (as a collective) were to realise that you were in decline, I'm not entirely convinced that you realise that something more radical is required to arrest that momentum. If the priority is simply 4th, which is all Champions League football is, then I foresee you appointing an experienced continental manager who will satisfy that requirement but add little more.

Vieira doesn't owe Arsenal anything? Are you crazy? Wenger and Arsenal made him.

As a player (9 years) that is very true. Subsequently, however, he has been involved with the CFG for almost a similar length of time, now, when Arsenal showed precious little interest in developing him as a coach, so it will be interesting to see where he decides his future lies. Neither man (Arteta nor Viera) owes either club anything.

They need to make a shrewd appointment imo. Will they go the untested route like Arteta etc - i ont think they can. They need someone in asap who can go toe to toe with Pep and the rest in order to get back in the top four at the very least,

The prem next season is going to great what with chelsea going to get a new manager as well, the big red salford bus will be 3 years old and klopp will hopefully have kept his legacy up of losing a cup final (again)

Roll on next season : )

Paddy has done nothing im afraid to suggest he is worthy of the Arsenal job.

Huge risk and not one i see them taking.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.