New breed of away fan

blueP

Firstly, let’s hope this lad pulls through: our thoughts and prayers are with him and his family. Makes you think doesn’t it?
There was a lot of trouble behind us in Block V with the corporate fans. I moved further down to avoid it when it was kicking off towards the end. The bus transport to the train station was fine but we waited 40 minutes for a train to Dusseldorf. We stood in sweltering heat in the carriage for another 30 minutes waiting for it to set off, herded in like cattle, many people sweating and unable to breathe. It was a disgrace. City should put in a formal complaint. We aren’t animals. Not the usual German efficiency as experienced at other clubs. Not impressed Schalke. Hope we beat you by at least 4 goals at the Etihad! Also, I think we should go back to picking up tickets with ID for UCL games, but make sure it’s better organised than Celtic.

Firstly, let’s hope this lad pulls through: our thoughts and prayers are with him and his family. Makes you think doesn’t it?
There was a lot of trouble behind us in Block V with the corporate fans. I moved further down to avoid it when it was kicking off towards the end. The bus transport to the train station was fine but we waited 40 minutes for a train to Dusseldorf. We stood in sweltering heat in the carriage for another 30 minutes waiting for it to set off, herded in like cattle, many people sweating and unable to breathe. It was a disgrace. City should put in a formal complaint. We aren’t animals. Not the usual German efficiency as experienced at other clubs. Not impressed Schalke. Hope we beat you by at least 4 goals at the Etihad! Also, I think we should go back to picking up tickets with ID for UCL games, but make sure it’s better organised than Celtic.
The train journey back to Dusseldorf was exactly the same ten years ago when we played Schalke in the UEFA. It's why I advised that blues should have stayed close to Gelsenkirchen on the evening of the game
If I remember correctly @Bill was on that train

As we don’t seem to have a thread about this I thought I’d start one
The conduct of our younger support is pathetic at the moment , not all but a large percentage. In Germany these last couple of days all they wanted to do was get pissed and goad others either fellow blues or Germans. The songs on the bus back to the train station after the game were all Munich this and Munich that , are they actually aware of who died that day ??
At the ground well at least in our section anyway all they were interested in was getting even more drunk and throwing beer over everyone. When challenged they then tried goading us into a fight all very brave picking on some who is disabled .At one point the idiot behind deliberately poured his beer over one of our party then kept on at him to F**k off if he didn’t like it. One of them even fell asleep during the game .
I can see this happening yet again in the pubs around Wembley again on Sunday and the reason we won’t venture down that way until near ko time. But we are lucky as these are the fans the club want to get on board as they bring atmosphere to the games and intend giving them a separate allocation .
But then maybe it isn’t them at all and it’s just our fault for being as we were called on Wednesday ‘f**king old c**nts’!!

I don't do many aways these days & have been lucky at Wembley so far apart from the Wigan game when a blue was trying to fight the block for not staying for the presentation.

Hopefully I'll carry on being lucky this weekend.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

I not missed a premier league away game this season and have yet to see what is described above and anyone who knows me will know I one for having a pint on the concourse.

My lad is 19 and his mates (2 of them) who also come to the matches do not act like this. They sing and jump about a bit, but it seems all youngsters are being labelled as idiots.

Be careful in doing this as you could create an actual problem.

The divide could get bigger.

I not missed a premier league away game this season and have yet to see what is described above and anyone who knows me will know I one for having a pint on the concourse.

My lad is 19 and his mates (2 of them) who also come to the matches do not act like this. They sing and jump about a bit, but it seems all youngsters are being labelled as idiots.

We both go to lots of away games, but there is certainly an issue around drugs.
I don’t think it’s just confined to younger groups, you see some older fans on it too.

At Everton there were three lads coming out of the toilet cubicle together, maybe they were helping one another have a slash?
At Schalke some couldn’t get into the toilets so just went round the wall and sniffed up in full view.

But I’m not attaching it to the youngsters as some are absolute fine, just as some of the older fans are bellends.

I did say not all younger fans , and it’s what I see and encounter at games , perhaps I’m just unlucky.

Some may say drugs helped calm down the hooliganism problem in the 80's as people were stoned rather than pissed up. Nowadays though it's not a joint people are smoking it's coke and they then think they are some sort of superman and can take on the world. One day they might pick on the wrong blue

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.