New Brexit thread (with added poll)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Ric, 3 Sep 2017.

?

If the Brexit referendum was held now, how would you vote?

1. Remain

540 vote(s)
    58.9%
  2. Leave

351 vote(s)
    38.3%
  3. Undecided

26 vote(s)
    2.8%
  1. mcfc1632

mcfc1632

Absolutely spot on - why are so many on here happy to be abused? - Stockholm Syndrome is rife it seems

2. Mëtal Bikër

Mëtal Bikër

The BM Remainer EU Flag proposal

[​IMG]

3. Blue Hefner

Blue Hefner

How successful or unsuccessful to people think our new trade deals will be? Let's start with our closest ally, the Child Snatcher, surely he'll give us a good deal?

The games up, we've fucked it. History will judge us badly, I feel

*Please no replies - just bookmark and get back to me in 10 years. Assuming we have enough money to keep the electricity running*

4. Mëtal Bikër

Mëtal Bikër

Brexit is a bad idea because the people in charge of delivering it have messed it up. Right, okay, that's the same as saying that driving is a bad idea because there are bad drivers in the world.

Brexit IS a good idea and with a competent Government utilising it's strengths and opportunites it affords us, can deliver successes to business, the economy and society that people have been championing.

5. Didsbury Dave

Didsbury Dave

Pack in the fucking idealistic horseshit which has no evidential basis whatsoever. You sound like Farage and The Daily Mail getting your "not my fault guv" excuses in early. Brexit is clearly and obviously a poisoned chalice which no political party could deliver successfully for a list of reasons which grows by the day.

6. Blue Hefner

Blue Hefner

Brexit seemed like a good idea(to me) 2 years ago. Now, it seems pretty clear that it is a total fucking mess with no substance to it whatsoever

But I'm sure someone will be along to talk about the EU army, George Soros, bureaucrats, make our own laws etc. shortly....

7. blueparrot

blueparrot

Been down that road with him it's a dead end, tried to explain why the idealistic Brexit he has in mind isn't and never could have been remotely possible. He refuses to debate on Brexit as it is now.

8. Mëtal Bikër

Mëtal Bikër

Brexit has been routinely sabotaged by those in seats of power opposed to it, cowtowing to their EU masters hoping not to upset them. It's the "I know what's best for you" principle. Allow me to disagree with them that maybe they don't know what is best for us. The Norway model, the Swiss model, how about negotiating a British model?

Nah let's just do our best to leave in the most minimal way possible, of course going down that route would make Brexit a disaster.... because we won't have left the EU. If you go about leaving the EU half arsed i'm not surprised people would find fault with it. The Tories are weak, Labour are non-commital and the Lords are a disgrace. How is any of the critcisms of the negotiations a result of the idea of being an independent nation? Rhetorical question, it isn't.

Very angry, aren't you. I suggest you lower the tone of your posts. I've been civil, please do the same.

9. Uncle Wally One Ball

Uncle Wally One Ball

But there was no substance to it 2 years ago either. There should have been absolute specifics and plans made clear upon which to decide. Instead it was just lies and abstract ideas. How can that form a basis upon which to decide something so important? No wonder it is a total mess as you rightly describe it. It could never have been any different.

10. Mëtal Bikër

Mëtal Bikër

Close minded people who refuse to accept the possibility that those charged with delivering the terms of us leaving have done so under the premise that leaving the EU is a bad thing, is undoubtledy going to affect the negotiations.

If we had a Government and Parliament commited more to getting us out rather than giving us a "good deal" with the EU, we wouldn't be in this halfin-half out mess that they themselves orchestrated.