New Brexit thread (with added poll)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Ric, 3 Sep 2017.

?

If the Brexit referendum was held now, how would you vote?

1. Remain

540 vote(s)
    58.9%
  2. Leave

351 vote(s)
    38.3%
  3. Undecided

26 vote(s)
    2.8%
  1. Gaylord du Bois

Gaylord du Bois

Which is exactly why she had no choice other than to call a General Election. The slim majority she inherited would probably never have held up.
    Got to admit she lucked in with this knife edge majority, mind. Anyway, Tess. Carry on Brexiting.

2. Len Rum

Len Rum

Can't quite follow your logic there.
    She had a 'slim' but workable majority before the election.
    Why would "rebel" Tories have been more inclined to defeat that government ( and possibly let in Corbyn) than this one?

3. Gaylord du Bois

Gaylord du Bois

I think she new that wasn't going to be anywhere near enough if the pro EU in the party bared their teeth. Which is why she took the no brain option and royally fucked it up. Now she's got a knife edge majority that are scared shitless into going against their preference.
    Only in my opinion, of course.

4. Len Rum

Len Rum

Grieve has to be the ultimate loser.
    Gets played twice and votes against his own amendment twice leaving others to vote for it and do the rebelling on his behalf.
    Unbelievable Jeff.

5. mcfc1632

mcfc1632

the initial savings are only the start.

The medium term benefits of avoiding contributing to the EU's future problems will dwarf that - as will the longer term benefits to the UK of being in control of our own economic policies

6. mcfc1632

mcfc1632

Fair enough - but you will then appreciate how your contributions - seemingly without the need for facts - reflects on your own age profile

7. jay_mcfc

jay_mcfc

That poll that came out this morning with Labour 3 points up on the Tories was suspiciously well-timed.

8. mcfc1632

mcfc1632

Because our EU partners would rather place their ideology above the security of their 500m citizens.

And some Remainers seem to find that admirable and for some strange reason a cause to slag off the UK

Last edited: 20 Jun 2018
  9. Mëtal Bikër

Mëtal Bikër

But it's only £270m a week...

It's a shame others tend to dwell only on the negotiations and either refuse or ignore the positives so long as it plays to their anti-brexit narrative.
    Unrelated, i'd personally i'd like to see us also legalise marijuana sales to pay for the NHS (for the record, hate the stuff, the smell, the effects) freeing up that £270m further. I can no longer logically argue against a Parliamentary regulated hemp trade in the same vein as alcohol, though I know others will disagree with me on it, and that's fine. That'd be the first policy i'd at least like OUR unrestricted Parliament to look at when we become an independent nation.

10. mcfc1632

mcfc1632

I certainly am

If we could just get to the point where the utter bollocks of Remainer machinations stops - we can have a quiet period