New Brexit thread (with added poll)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Ric, 3 Sep 2017.

?

If the Brexit referendum was held now, how would you vote?

1. Remain

540 vote(s)
    58.9%
  2. Leave

351 vote(s)
    38.3%
  3. Undecided

26 vote(s)
    2.8%
  1. mcfc1632

mcfc1632

Well said

2. mcfc1632

mcfc1632

Have you actually got a point you are trying to make?

If so, would it not be better to make it in language that people are able to understand.

I would suggest that all these rather cheap and snide one-liners would have more impact if they actually made any sense rather than just coming across as a level of nonsense that would defeat a bable fish

3. Bert Trautmanns Helemet

Bert Trautmanns Helemet

Bravo!
    Take a bow son...

4. Vic

Vic

I've not moved in such exalted circles as you, sorting out CAP rules and trying to stop EU funding going to big corporations as development sweeteners, but at the sharp end I've applied for ERDF funding, and sat on bodies handing out money that ultimately came from EU funds, and it's not been hugely complicated.

I don't think I'm being obscurantist but for clarity, I'm making the point that saying that we can help people directly (foreign countries, things now getting EU grants) is nonsense because the bus promised it all to the NHS, May seems now to have endorsed that, and Gove's promises to maintain farm subsidies (in some form) seems under threat, so there will be nothing for regional grants. And that's without the economic assessments that Brexit-induced low growth has already cost the economy more than our contributions.

When I read the routine abuse in your posts I feel a bit like I'm Manuel to your Basil Fawlty. "I know nothing", even while trying to warn Mr Fawlty that there really is a fire in the kitchen. And he thinks in the long run it will go out.

5. Ifwecouldjust.......

Ifwecouldjust.......

You see ... I don't... as that leads to corruption and undue influence. I would much prefer that it were divided as per a prescriptive formulae

6. Ifwecouldjust.......

Ifwecouldjust.......

May will use that as a bargaining tool should there ever be a call for a peoples vote on the final deal.' If you want to vote remain' there'll be no money for the NHS

(Save this post - because I'll be proven right )

7. MillionMilesAway

MillionMilesAway

Wasn't the latest buyoff on Grieve that if the Commons vote down the final deal, the Speaker decides on what happens (I think whether the Commons can dictate further course of action - I'm not sure how that might work, but that's by the by). I foresee the media's Bercow attacks ramping up just beforehand.

8. Ancient Citizen

Ancient Citizen

I fail to see that handing over our billions to someone in Brussels to decide which beneficiaries are due a slice,
    is somehow the means to avoid any hanky panky. When the prescriptive formulae has been drafted by the very same source,
    that's akin to giving all your neighbours a fair chunk of your wages, then relying on them to choose who in
    the street should benefit.

9. Ancient Citizen

Ancient Citizen

Save this one and we'll see.
    There won't be a peoples vote, they've had one and made their choice.

10. jonmcity

jonmcity

And then we will vote the Tories out of power.