New Brexit thread (with added poll)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Ric, 3 Sep 2017.

?

If the Brexit referendum was held now, how would you vote?

1. Remain

540 vote(s)
    58.9%
  2. Leave

351 vote(s)
    38.3%
  3. Undecided

26 vote(s)
    2.8%
  1. Itsaar

Itsaar

Catching on I see, he will continue to snipe if you let him.

2. bluethrunthru

bluethrunthru

It ok - at least one of us got that - nice one

3. BobKowalski

BobKowalski

Kingsley. If only for that weird James Bond novel he wrote. Oh and nice catch :)

4. BobKowalski

BobKowalski

Catching up with the news in Brexitland and it seems the Moggster and his chums no longer believe that Parliament should not tie our negotiators hands in Brussels and are now tabling amendments to the trade bill to ensure hands are not just tied but May and her team are bound and gagged. I wonder what caused them to change their minds so suddenly?

And as we hurtle toward a full blown political and constitutional crisis with the various factions in Parliament vying to cut each other’s throats our no deal planners in addition to stockpiling spam and crisps are looking at plans to moor barges in the Irish Sea complete with generators to keep the lights on in Northern Ireland. Something to do with the all Ireland energy deal lapsing on exit day apparently.

Personally I think we should go full on and moor barrage balloons in London. That’ll show the EU we mean business. Maybe we can have them all looking like the baby Trump blimp?

5. goalmole

goalmole

The faster the headwind the higher the eagle soars
    I don't get these assertions that the EU tries and succeeds in keeping the working classes down. We list we in a capitalist economy and opportunity is all around if we just get off our backsides and aspire to build a better life for ourselves and our families. I've never felt down trodden or held back by anything other than my own inadequacies and life decisions.

6. Ban-jani

Ban-jani

No I fucking wasn’t. I’m 25 so when the Euro debate was a thing I was playing with sticks in the garden.

I also wasn’t wrong about the immediate affect after the vote. I have said since 2016 that we won’t know for sure until we leave the single market. I was also quite positive following the vote actually, in some deluded self sense of patriotism, that we’d be OK, despite voting remain... how fucking wrong was I.

What’s now clear is we won’t be OK. There isn’t a single trade deal struck and we’re 12 months away from either being completely bankrupt or being a shittier, less influential, version than what we currently are.

7. Paul_Powers_Tash

Paul_Powers_Tash

So you're saying you don't believe in Democray? Trust me if any governement stepped out of line the British electorate will let them know. If you don't believe me just wait and see what happens to May at the next election.

8. Paul_Powers_Tash

Paul_Powers_Tash

link please.....

9. Paul_Powers_Tash

Paul_Powers_Tash

Thanks for that. So if I'm an MEP and I see how my local fishing community, for instance, is being massacred by current EU rules can I propose legislation that addresses the problem for the European Parliment to ratify?

10. bluethrunthru

bluethrunthru

scroll back I added it this afternoon- Oh I see you posted and then went looking...........