New Brexit thread (with added poll)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Ric, 3 Sep 2017.

?

If the Brexit referendum was held now, how would you vote?

1. Remain

494 vote(s)
    59.6%
  2. Leave

315 vote(s)
    38.0%
  3. Undecided

20 vote(s)
    2.4%
  1. Chippy_boy

Chippy_boy

I don't agree at all. Margaret Thatcher managed to get her (our) own way on a wide range of issues. The very shape of the EU was in large part dictated by MT and her leadership position she took in the EU.

Over the past 20 years, we've been ludicrously weak, feeble and subservient and could and should have done much, much better. That's OUR fault, not theirs.

2. kevin horlocks wand

kevin horlocks wand

Hopefully they won’t - we all know it will be a fudge where the leavers can say they left and the remainers can say we stayed. And we can all get on with our lives,

3. purplenose

purplenose

Both you and I know that the reason is for more complex than that dont we? Therefore your statement is a massive pile! A load of bollocks if you will. Had you read the recent threads on both sides of the argument posted this afternoon you would see clear evidence of this.

Also worth pointing out that East Germany ceased to be quite some time ago. This largely through the actions of a bloke called Gorbachev whom holds the opinion that the EU is a crock of poo.

4. blueinsa

blueinsa

"(A unified) 'Europe' is the result of plans. It is, in fact, a classic utopian project, a monument to the vanity of intellectuals, a programme whose inevitable destiny is failure: only the scale of the final damage done is in doubt." -- Margaret Thatcher

5. purplenose

purplenose

Yep thats my prediction, might have to endure some more dramas and prophecies of doom before we get there.

6. Chippy_boy

Chippy_boy

And ???

What's that supposed to mean? A PM from 30 years ago says a Federeal Europe isn't a good idea. Well that's huge news isn't it.

7. blueinsa

blueinsa

Nothing mate.

You carry on as right now i'm fucking buzzing over our football and arguing the toss on this thread is a waste of time.

8. Chippy_boy

Chippy_boy

Don't know why you bothered replying.

9. blueinsa

blueinsa

Just to fucking annoy you.

You lauded Thatcher as some sort of leader who wanted us at the heart of the EU and i've quoted her which puts your opinion very much in doubt but as usual you just bury your head in the sand and pretend it never happened.

10. Chippy_boy

Chippy_boy

You've a vivid imagination, i'll say that for you. I said MT took a leadership role in Europe and moved the EU in the direction which best suites the UK.