New build vs used house

Thaksins Love Child

Going to be a Dad for the 1st time in Sept. Currently rent a flat on a new build estate in Audenshaw. Really nice place. Quiet no traffic or problems etc.

This has convinced me we should buy a new build in an area like this. Obviously a big decision so if anyone has any experience/advice? Thanks

I live in a house built in the 30's, and it's solid as fuck. We have friends who bought one of these three storey jobbies for upwards of 235k. Been in it a year from new and almost every wall has settlement cracks in the plaster. An easy job to repair, but not one they should have to put up with within a year. Obviously they have the better windows and insulation, but it looks like if you blew on it, it would fall down.

I am jealous of the three storey layout though.

Me and my partner have been trying to buy a traditional house over the last 18 months but getting the full money for a mortgage is a nightmare due to problems they find such as damp or any other underlying problems. We have given up now and will look to buy a relatively new property which isn't what we wanted but will ultimately get us on the ladder.

Thaksins Love Child said:
Going to be a Dad for the 1st time in Sept. Currently rent a flat on a new build estate in Audenshaw. Really nice place. Quiet no traffic or problems etc.

This has convinced me we should buy a new build in an area like this. Obviously a big decision so if anyone has any experience/advice? Thanks

we are near you. there is a house on our road for sale, better than any new build.

davymcfc said:
Me and my partner have been trying to buy a traditional house over the last 18 months but getting the full money for a mortgage is a nightmare due to problems they find such as damp or any other underlying problems. We have given up now and will look to buy a relatively new property which isn't what we wanted but will ultimately get us on the ladder.

Unless you're buying a bungalow, you should make sure it's got a proper staircase.

Here to help :)<br /><br />-- Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:00 pm --<br /><br />
de niro said:

we are near you. there is a house on our road for sale, better than any new build.

Probably only needs new carpets throughout...

;)

de niro said:

I wish. £220-250k out of our price range if its where i think it is. £150-£180 I reckon.

de niro said:

I wish. £220-250k out of our price range if its where i think it is. £150-£180 I reckon.
Bugger I was going to try and sell you mine 1930's and 3 storeys

New builds are generally smaller unless you pay top whack and you can still get loads of problems with newer properties old properties every time

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.