new car help

mrbelfry

my current car is slowly dieing and as it's due tax & mot i'm looking to replace it. I have 2 kids and want more space so looking at an MPV. any helpful tips? I can't buy new and looking at something 3-5 years old. options seem to be renault scenic grand, vauxhall zafira or citreon something. anybody drive these or can offer advice about running costs, comfort, practicality, etc?

thanks in advance

How old is it?

If its over 10 years old, are you aware of the government scrappage scheme?

I've just bought a brand spanking new car (FIat Punto Grande) for £6500 with this scheme

Also, go on whatcar.com for independent car reviews

If you're paying for it yourself then I would stay away from anything French. The build quality is very poor. Personally I'd buy Japanese, Toyota or Nissan. They might be uninspiring, but they don't break down, and when you're paying the bills yourself, I think that's a major factor.

mrbelfry said:
my current car is slowly dieing and as it's due tax & mot i'm looking to replace it. I have 2 kids and want more space so looking at an MPV. any helpful tips? I can't buy new and looking at something 3-5 years old. options seem to be renault scenic grand, vauxhall zafira or citreon something. anybody drive these or can offer advice about running costs, comfort, practicality, etc?

thanks in advance

Not a huge Renault fan, i'd say for price try a Citroen Picasso my sister owns one and swears buy it in terms of value.

Get yourself over to Motorpoint in Burnley, mass variety of cars so well worth it just to got for a sit and see what you like and dont like,
Renault - PONY
Citroen Picasso - See enough of the road, shame that they are generally bought by people with awful driving 'ability'
Zafira - 1.9 or 2.0 deezoil engine are decent lumps to run, uninspiring to drive but do the job well.
Ford Galaxy - IMO too pricey to lump the kids about and to get its door twatted at a Supermarket.

I drove a Nissan largo automatic had a lot of space was very good didn't use too much diesel tbh, but it had a problem with the automatic gearbox nothing major until I crashed it. :) but it was black ice's fault not the gearbox.

xoe9ns.jpg

This one wasn't it but exactly the same.

Hired a Citreon C4 Piccasso on holiday and its pretty roomy in there. Well equiped with gadgets and things like that aswell.

yep paying for the car myself so need something cheap. my brother (hi phil) drives a zafira and rates it. renaults seem a little cheaper. citreons seem to look nicer but i've heard drive badly. looking for more trusted advice from BM.

my car is 9 years old! stupid 10 year rule

mrbelfry said:
yep paying for the car myself so need something cheap. my brother (hi phil) drives a zafira and rates it. renaults seem a little cheaper. citreons seem to look nicer but i've heard drive badly. looking for more trusted advice from BM.

Am sure I heard of a scheme or something were you can do similer with cars up to 8 years old don't know for sure but i could of heard it on the radio may of been a independent company not the government.

mrbelfry said:

Hi rich!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.