New Champions League format

Because it makes it harder for them to qualify.

United and Liverpool will be getting the champions league money every year in this format as they are alway going to be one of the two highest coefficients who miss out, having this constant supply of money pushes the elite even further ahead of the chasing pack.
This won't happen for at least 3 years. If Liverpool miss out on CL next season, and maybe the season after, they lose their biggest coefficient scores and will be down with the likes of Sporting Lisbon & Dinamo Kyiv.

This won't happen for at least 3 years. If Liverpool miss out on CL next season, and maybe the season after, they lose their biggest coefficient scores and will be down with the likes of Sporting Lisbon & Dinamo Kyiv.
They won't though they if they take the europa league seriously. And this assumes the wildcards don't take into account 'istry as has been muted previously, wouldn't but it past uefa to overhaul the points system.

only be able to buy up and coming stars from teams not competing in champions league in other words stop the up starts getting a good squad together

I tend to agree with those that think the current format is in need of some revising and I would relish the chance at playing some of the bigger clubs more often. My affection has grown for the League Cup as we win it every year, but if I'm being honest I wouldn't mind if it went away. The FA Cup is still where all the magic is and it would become more important.

Edit: I do not like the wild card shit, however. There has got to be a better way to get to 36 clubs...

I've got a wild idea if the current format is getting stale, how about the champions of all 55 uefa countries plus the previous champion start in round 1 with no co-efficient bias, 8 teams get drawn a bye, the others play each other in a 2 legged tie winner through to the next round until we reach a winner crowned champion of Europe.

Ahhh but that doesn't keep the rich rich does it.

Who picks the wildcards, do we know?

130220120929-david-gill-ferguson-story-top.jpg

What a load of complete and utter shite. This is where I stop going to champions league matches if this happens. Sadly this won't be met with any real opposition and we as fans will all accept it as it slowly becomes the norm and the champions league becomes even more of a stale money making exercise for a select few than it already is.

If they're giving "wildcard" entries to clubs based on coefficient rankings then couldn't a team missing out through their league position be granted a wildcard slot and as long as they do okay in the competition every season be invited back every year via the wildcard even if they spent say 5 years outside of the qualification spots?

Any traditional big side from England for example getting a wildcard will do enough to maintain their coefficient, just by getting into the knockouts or at worst going far in the europa and the same applies to the other big leagues.

I hope the FA/Premier league take a stand here, nothing happens without their backing, the English clubs are too big and influential for anything to go ahead without their blessing. They want us to reduce to 18 teams and abolish the efl Cup just to fit their schedule,

Ignoring the money side, I'd rather be in the efl Cup and have 4 more league games than the champions league

As for not buying from another champions league side, all that does is encourage the sytematic devouring of the smaller clubs best talents and the hoarding of young kids before they're snapped up by somebody else and way before they're ready for that level. It's like somebody who isn't very bright and is very drunk is just spewing out their ridiculous thoughts that should never be heard by another person.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.