New CL proposals: “Swiss system” favoured by clubs

I think it should be 4 groups of 8 personally, in a multi-divisional structure like the Nations League but the league spots get promoted/relegated every year and clubs have to re-qualify every year.

So, say 4 spots are allocated to the PL for the top division of 32 teams, and 2 into the second division. If a PL team finishes bottom of their group, the PL has a spot relegated to the second division. The group winners in the second division have their league spot promoted, so 4 league spots down, 4 league spots up. Then you could have a play-off in the second division between the group winners where the winner of that gets promoted with their spot, so like the Europa League winner playing in the CL next season.

I think a 32 team league but you only play 10 sides is open to even more manipulation and is just a farcical league table at the end. Imagine we draw Real, Barca, Juve, Bayern, PSG, Dortmund and the Rags get Porto, Salzburg, Ferencvaros, Nordsjaelland etc. for their 10 fixtures, it completely fucks you before you've even started.

How does the maths of this swiss method work for the number of teams ? At first I thought it would need to be multiples of 6 for everyone to play 10 games. Then thought it wouldn't need to be if some teams play the same teams,then I got myself so confused with permutations I was laying awake,sad twat.

How does the maths of this swiss method work for the number of teams ? At first I thought it would need to be multiples of 6 for everyone to play 10 games. Then thought it wouldn't need to be if some teams play the same teams,then I got myself so confused with permutations I was laying awake,sad twat.
That is the idea of the proposal, they don't want any of us knowing what is actually happening.

The CL is pointless at the moment until the knock out stages. If they add more pointless games in a new format they may generate more revenue for the clubs but will people stop tuning in? I don't watch any other games in the CL except City and I'm honestly not bothered about watching our group games at all either. I switched off at half time last night and spent the first half Christmas shopping online.

The CL is pointless at the moment until the knock out stages. If they add more pointless games in a new format they may generate more revenue for the clubs but will people stop tuning in? I don't watch any other games in the CL except City and I'm honestly not bothered about watching our group games at all either. I switched off at half time last night and spent the first half Christmas shopping online.
Football has become pointless. Probably best if it is all knocked on the head.

The current format is fine it’s all the added bits that make it predictable and boring until the latter stages. Take away all the seedlings all the rules about not facing certain other teams and let it be a open group stage.

But of course they’re not really interested in making it more exciting to watch they’re using that to poorly hide the fact it’s entirely about how much more money they can make. We have to be in it to compete at the top but should we ever become shit again, I will not miss the champions league one iota.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.