New computer

Essex blue

My old pc is about to die (when i chuck it against the wall lol) it’s getting old and keeps on crashing.

I run my own buisness and use it mainly for office and outlook calendar etc but also like to have miles more power than I need to future proof it to a degree

my budget is ideally around £500 but can spend around a £1000 if pushed.I only need a tower but would need hdmi and plenty of usbs, probably I5 processor or above

In the past I have used Dell as bad experience with HP computer but really open to suggestions as computers are not my thing.

The choices are endless, would you be buying from a retailer? Judging by what you need it for you wouldn't realistically need to spend any more than £400.

Yes really just a need plug and go solution with windows 10 as the operating system

This one has an SSD which makes the machine snappier, I know people will say never buy a prebuild (I wouldn't) but if you want ease of use out of the box then this is the way to go. Something like this.

Do you think it would be wise to go for i5 rather than i3

Office based work doesn't need anything special, if you're not doing CPU intensive tasks it's a waste. The new CPU's will eat office work for breakfast.

EDIT.

Here's a reasonable i5 for not much more money.

It's a shame you don't live closer I could sort you out with a new PC that would outperform all of these for £300.

My old pc is about to die (when i chuck it against the wall lol) it’s getting old and keeps on crashing.

I run my own buisness and use it mainly for office and outlook calendar etc but also like to have miles more power than I need to future proof it to a degree

my budget is ideally around £500 but can spend around a £1000 if pushed.I only need a tower but would need hdmi and plenty of usbs, probably I5 processor or above

In the past I have used Dell as bad experience with HP computer but really open to suggestions as computers are not my thing.
I got a reconditioned tower for £60. It's basically brand new with these specs:
Device name ComputerName
Processor Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G3250 @ 3.20GHz 3.20 GHz
Installed RAM 4.00 GB
Device ID 533BD2B9-5877-4EC3-BAC9-8E9744AECD10
Product ID 00326-00000-00000-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display
WINDOWS 10 already fitted.

SIXTY QUID!!

Here's the site: https://www.stonerefurb.co.uk/desktops

I have an older Amd-A8 with 16 gig RAM, 1050 ti card on a fm2a55m motherboard and it jogs along splendidly under windows 7. Had it six years and only had to tickle it along with a few additions. Play a heck of a lot of games, photographic work, tons of music and general surfing and imo it's good for another five years. Does everything I ever ask and more beside and would be loath to run under windows 10. Its that old I have to use a usb Bluetooth adapter for my headphones and also a usb wireless adapter but it still kick speeds of 55-60mnbs and a massive 3 rooms away from our hub.

What I'm saying is dont get too preoccupied with overspending on things you probably will never need. Yes an i5 is better than an i3 but an i7 is better than an i5. If you are buying a pre-build then as Mr Mexico said a Dell could fit your needs. A bit cheaper if you buy off their web site as opposed to going through scruffy Currys.

If your stuck on an i5 then around £700 would see you into a decent comp with 1650 graphic card and dual hard drive for faster boot but it's all about your own personal requirements which is why computers are modular. Horses for courses!

And don't discount AMD and before you do anything else do wait for @TCIB to roll along.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.