New European Super League Breakaway Threat

Premier League just need to say goodbye to any who join, including us if need be, FA say you leave the umbrella you don't play for your country or the FA Cup. It's a football version of Kerry Packers Cricket circus and we play Saturdays and Sundays because we want to.

Doesn't bother me as I won't watch a match that City aren't involved in and if COVID has taught me one thing it's that there is plenty of things to do on a weekend.

If Singapore/Shanghai want to watch Scum/Dippers v the Spanish state fascists with kick off at 2am for maximum advertising who gives a fuck. I won't even be interested in finding out the result.

If it happens we should all go to the ground to throw a brick at the stadium

I hate the idea, and I hate the idea of us being involved in another reformatting of europes best comp. They have already made it so the "big" tv clubs literally cant get knocked out of europe with the safety net of the europa waiting to catch any of those clubs underperforming in the cl group stage.

Here, we pride ourselves on the fa cup knockout format and the romanticism of "giant killers" overcoming the odds in one game/round. They managed to eradicate any chance of that when they created the cl with its groups etc. How many of the teams taking part are actually champions, I think that the champions of romania have more right to be there than the third place team from the pl.

They now have 96 group games to knock out just eight teams(when accounting for eight going to the europa). Its all about the fucking tv companies, and now we find that they want to "lose" the lower teams to concentrate on the big clubs only.

We have the experience of being down and we now have the chance to turn our backs on those clubs who are now where we once were. Well fuckit if this new competition doesnt want a club like the West Brom entering if they achieve a high enough league placing here, yet would want the likes of the scum even if they finish sixth just cos they have more armchair fans waiting to sign up.

All of that has nothing to do with football and everything to do with someone making money. If the american owners want more, then take the scum and dippers across the pond and play your "european world series" or whatever you might call it, but dont fcking come back!!! Now that I would like.

I know this may be nothing but just after this broke I read Pep's interview for the game tomorrow on the City App and he said, "For many clubs, including ourselves, it is incredible to be here in this competition". It may have just been a throw away comment but could City be distancing themselves from this whole thing. I still don't think Ceferin himself has a problem with City whilst we know the rats involved in this new league loathe us so maybe we are going to throw our hat in with Ceferin and other clubs. Let's be honest we may not even be included in this new league as many people are saying it's five out of the big six teams. I admit I could just be paranoid after our previous treatment from the footballing world though ;)

This nonsense needs to be stopped. Do any fans of any top 6 clubs really want it? Not from what I see. We already have the CL and EL. People can see the closed joke shop that those comps are. We don`t need any more pointless European comps.

This is the sabre rattling to get their own watered down version of the Big Picture.

Fucking Yanks. Well done on the last 10 years or so of ensuring the whole of the football media in this shit hole of a country were focused on dirty Arab oil money while doing the usual back door deals to get their own way. Syphon as much money away as possible and look as clean as possible.

You have to applaud them. Played a blinder. The CIA would be proud.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.