New F1 Cars 2012

Ferrari in 79 was a bloody ugly car but most important it won the world championship!

balkanno said:
Akai said:
The RB8 ..

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.redbullracing.com/cs/Satellite/en_INT/Video/The-RB8-Revealed%E2%80%A6-021243158945543" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.redbullracing.com/cs/Satelli ... 3158945543</a>

different nose by RB, actually most team changed the font..except mclaren it s still the round one.

new rules(lower front wing), I'd say McLaren are taking a huge gamble, if there's one man you'd trust in F1 to get it right it's Adrian Newey, and for McLaren to be so different in fundamental design to Newey's RBR car as well as the other teams, then I hope they have an absolute hidden genius who's just going to shake the sport to its foundations with the car they came up with.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
balkanno said:
Akai said:
The RB8 ..

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.redbullracing.com/cs/Satellite/en_INT/Video/The-RB8-Revealed%E2%80%A6-021243158945543" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.redbullracing.com/cs/Satelli ... 3158945543</a>

different nose by RB, actually most team changed the font..except mclaren it s still the round one.

new rules(lower front wing), I'd say McLaren are taking a huge gamble, if there's one man you'd trust in F1 to get it right it's Adrian Newey, and for McLaren to be so different in fundamental design to Newey's RBR car as well as the other teams, then I hope they have an absolute hidden genius who's just going to shake the sport to its foundations with the car they came up with.

RBR's car was hugely different in the season it won its first championship as was the Brawn the season before

BoyBlue_1985 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
balkanno said:

RBR's car was hugely different in the season it won its first championship as was the Brawn the season before

RBR with Newey have been big innovators, and the pack have tried to follow.

Brawn had something on their car(can't remember what) that was argued about and appealed against for the first third of the season, as soon as it was declared legal and the other teams stuck it on their cars Brawn started to struggle, and RBR came to the fore.

it's a gamble, if it works, great, if not then we just have to hope Alonso can challenge Vettel this season, because unless Mercedes make a huge leap forward it was only going to be between McLaren, RBR and Ferrari again this year.

On a side note, it's dissappointing and ridiculous that neither Sutil nor Alguersuari got drives this season, when the likes of De La Rosa and Maldonado can. Sigh.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
balkanno said:
Akai said:
The RB8 ..

i agree 100%, tho RB got robbed of their famous back diffousor (now it s not blazzing the gas like downstairs, it comming out tho the big holes on the sides) - nd that was their biggest strenght in 2011. RB was able to drive the quick curves like none other car, so i think they will lose a bit of that control now...gonna be good to see the first test results next week.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

Brawn had something on their car(can't remember what) that was argued about and appealed against for the first third of the season, as soon as it was declared legal and the other teams stuck it on their cars Brawn started to struggle, and RBR came to the fore.

it's a gamble, if it works, great, if not then we just have to hope Alonso can challenge Vettel this season, because unless Mercedes make a huge leap forward it was only going to be between McLaren, RBR and Ferrari again this year.

On a side note, it's dissappointing and ridiculous that neither Sutil nor Alguersuari got drives this season, when the likes of De La Rosa and Maldonado can. Sigh

It is a shame but once you get down to that level its how much money you can bring in to the team. Its the reason Bruno Senna got a drive at Williams this season

BoyBlue_1985 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

On a side note, it's dissappointing and ridiculous that neither Sutil nor Alguersuari got drives this season, when the likes of De La Rosa and Maldonado can. Sigh

It is a shame but once you get down to that level its how much money you can bring in to the team. Its the reason Bruno Senna got a drive at Williams this season

I know, it's the bad side of F1. I can only hope if Schumy retires again at the end of this year that Mercedes pick up Sutil as he's German(they like that sort of thing, BMW signed Heidfeld to them because of that) and that because Jaime is so young that he'll come back in a couple of years and get another drive, because he was talented, was improving a lot last year and was better than his more experienced teammate Buemi who's now test driver at Red Bull or somewhere I think.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.