New Food and Drink Vendors for the Ground and City Square | Edible coffee cups introduced

I'm pretty annoyed by it, but I *think* they're only the fancy new pub that opened as part of corporate matchdays. Amstel and Dark Fruits for us plebs.
I wouldn't have minded, Manchester is the best city in the world to drink, but we were lured to the Etihad 90 minutes before kick off on the premise of craft beer from Manchester breweries and it never happened. This week my lad will leave the Crown & Kettle at 11.45.

Poor show again by the club in City square post match.
Same as last week with no pop up bars ( even though one is open pre match and there would be room for about three in front of the stage which is no longer used post match). Consequently the Covid friendly mosh pit that is the Summerbee bar was rammed as per.
Blue moon Cafe was open except there was only one queue - a long one moving at a snail's pace. Not sure if it was serving food only as the shutter over the Coffee section was pulled down.
Joke.

A few cans of Seven Brothers in City Square at £5.20 a pop (no discounts). Nowhere inside the ground unless hospitality had them
One of the bars in SS1 was advertising cans of Seven Brothers yesterday. Whether they actually had any for sale, I’ve no idea. Think they were £5.50 a can too rather than £5.20

One thing that has gone missing is the 10% discount ST holders got at the Bars in and outside the ground.

Also the meal deals, 2 pints and a pie for whatever it was, etc

But hey, it's obvious we plebs are no longer vital to City anymore. Feed them pies, Amstel and Dark Fruits, remove any other choices (incl Bovril ffs), fuck the tin of goodies off for ST holders and instead concentrate on the executive elements of our support with food and craft beers, padded seats and parking.

If this was any other business, we would have walked years ago, the management are taking the piss based on our loyalty.
Hope the Bovril thing isn't permanent, how can you not have Bovril at Football grounds in the Winter, they only have to add hot water to a prepared cup FFS, or is it another H&S in case we scold ourselves, or save the planet thing because of the cups

One of the bars in SS1 was advertising cans of Seven Brothers yesterday. Whether they actually had any for sale, I’ve no idea. Think they were £5.50 a can too rather than £5.20

I like 7 brothers. BUT! You can buy 6 cans of Beavertown Gamma Ray for 9.97 at Asda.(try it) Which is just as good, if not better than any similar beer 7 Brothers brew and sell. If I bought 6 cans of BTG at City, for £5.50 each, if City stocked it, it would set me back £33. There's are markup. And there's taking the piss!

Have to say, the service was much better yesterday at the concourse bar that I went to. Organised queues, plenty of bar staff, beer pre-poured, quick service, plenty of pies, etc. The Heineken still tasted shite though. Unfortunately I will continue drinking that as I'm not paying £5.50 for a can of 7 Brothers, even though I'd much prefer drinking that.(take note City)

Last edited:
Hope the Bovril thing isn't permanent, how can you not have Bovril at Football grounds in the Winter, they only have to add hot water to a prepared cup FFS, or is it another H&S in case we scold ourselves, or save the planet thing because of the cups

If they permanently stop selling Bovril then we’ve found my breaking point. The game will have well and truly gone.

Bovril IS football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.