New Food and Drink Vendors for the Ground and City Square | Edible coffee cups introduced

Am I imaging things but weren’t fans allowed to have alcohol in their seats at the Euros? I’m wondering if that’ll ever happen as standard here.

Every other sport you can do this.

I watch rugby league. Very similar demographic to football (in fact most rugby fans are also football fans - sadly at Salford where I go most are rags) and there are zero problems.

It’s completely nonsensical.

The thieving twats just charged me 5.25 for a pint of vimto - sorry, ‘dark fruit cider’ at city sq.

Is that right?!

Fucking pricks.

Make sure you all check out Panchos burritos btw. The bloke who runs it, Enrique, is proper sound and they’re delicious. (I’m not paid and he’s not my mate, just been going to his stall in town for 10 years and his food is bang on, and he deserves this project at the Etihad to succeed).

Last edited:
What the frig has happened to the service at the snack bars!

Not a hope of getting served af half time, no bottled beers at the smaller food outlet in SS2, queues the longest I've either seen in SS2 tonight and there was no fucker there.

Guess it's down to cashless system which just like the mobile ticketing actually takes twice as long to use than the system it had replaced.

We must be losing a fucking fortune in ticket sales and matchday revenue this season.

This is a serious fuck up and action is needed before the next game on both issues, absolute madness turning money away.

Plenty of 7 Brothers cans last night. Sadly I'm off the beer until Saturday night.

Every other sport you can do this.

I watch rugby league. Very similar demographic to football (in fact most rugby fans are also football fans - sadly at Salford where I go most are rags) and there are zero problems.

It’s completely nonsensical.
There are downsides to having beer in the seats though. I go and watch Warrington and there are constantly people going past you in and out to go to the bar or the toilet, and I go in the standing stand, imagine that in the seated rows at City.

And when a try is scored loads of people throw their beer up in the air. It’s rare you don’t get at least a pint over your head at some point in a game. It’s the main thing that stops me wanting to go and I only go a few times a season for that reason.

No idea when this trend of young lads throwing beer at sporting events started, they even play videos of places like Box Park on BBC Sport when England play saying things like “brilliant look at that” as everyone in sight throws their beer over each other.

Im more than happy for the rule of no alcohol in the stands to remain in football.

There are downsides to having beer in the seats though. I go and watch Warrington and there are constantly people going past you in and out to go to the bar or the toilet, and I go in the standing stand, imagine that in the seated rows at City.

And when a try is scored loads of people throw their beer up in the air. It’s rare you don’t get at least a pint over your head at some point in a game.

No idea when this trend of young lads throwing beer at sporting events started, they even play videos of places like Box Park on BBC Sport when England play saying things like “brilliant look at that” as everyone in sight throws their beer in the air.
feedback loop.

And when a try is scored loads of people throw their beer up in the air. It’s rare you don’t get at least a pint over your head at some point in a game. It’s the main thing that stops me wanting to go and I only go a few times a season for that reason.

No idea when this trend of young lads throwing beer at sporting events started, they even play videos of places like Box Park on BBC Sport when England play saying things like “brilliant look at that” as everyone in sight throws their beer over each other.

Im more than happy for the rule of no alcohol in the stands to remain in football.
Think it started during the World Cup 2018, possibly as a genuine reaction to the shock of Trippier’s early goal? (Which was so early everyone had full pints)

But since then it’s all a load of bollocks all done for social media, everyone totally fakes it now by consciously throwing their drink up, you even see people wait to get their phone out, turn the camera on, and then throw their drink behind them a good few seconds after the goal is scored.

The thieving twats just charged me 5.25 for a pint of vimto - sorry, ‘dark fruit cider’ at city sq.

Is that right?!

Fucking pricks.

Make sure you all check out Panchos burritos btw. The bloke who runs it, Enrique, is proper sound and they’re delicious. (I’m not paid and he’s not my mate, just been going to his stall in town for 10 years and his food is bang on, and he deserves this project at the Etihad to succeed).
Ditto re Pancho's. Had the burrito at both the night games so far. Absolutely packed with filling and delicious. A bit messy at the end but there's plenty of napkins at the stall.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.