New Food and Drink Vendors for the Ground and City Square | Edible coffee cups introduced

There are downsides to having beer in the seats though. I go and watch Warrington and there are constantly people going past you in and out to go to the bar or the toilet, and I go in the standing stand, imagine that in the seated rows at City.

And when a try is scored loads of people throw their beer up in the air. It’s rare you don’t get at least a pint over your head at some point in a game. It’s the main thing that stops me wanting to go and I only go a few times a season for that reason.

No idea when this trend of young lads throwing beer at sporting events started, they even play videos of places like Box Park on BBC Sport when England play saying things like “brilliant look at that” as everyone in sight throws their beer over each other.

Im more than happy for the rule of no alcohol in the stands to remain in football.
Seemed to really take off at fan parks for the 2018 World Cup, I wouldn't mind but there was a fucking CO2 shortage at the time and people were wasting beer!

Has anyone eaten one of those cups? I noticed on the way out that the tubes on the wall for depositing used cups were empty. What flavour are these cups? Same flavour as the contents? The cup that held my hot chocolate didn't look too appetising!
Had a coffee at Half time at the Lepzig game but unfortunately when asked, was told cup wasn't edible!
The guy serving me said almost everyone had asked the same question.
Are they made from the same stuff they made those flying saucer sweets from?(are they still around?) From memory they were pretty gross!

I tried one of them and thought it was crap, always look for craft beers in pubs but for £5.50 and the young lady serving it just poured into the paper cup like it was a bottle of water, so it was half froth never again
You're complaining about froth in a cup?

A tiny bit ironic for obvious reasons lol

Had a coffee at Half time at the Lepzig game but unfortunately when asked, was told cup wasn't edible!
The guy serving me said almost everyone had asked the same question.
Are they made from the same stuff they made those flying saucer sweets from?(are they still around?) From memory they were pretty gross!
From what I remember those flying saucers were made of rice paper. I would imagine that anything made from rice paper would dissolve upon touching a liquid.

Sampled Pancho's last night after trying them before at the now closed shop off Oxford Road & at the Arndale. Just as tasty at the stadium last night & well worth leaving the pub early to devour one!
Food programme radio 4 today said hm pasties Bolton, run by and employing ex prisoners, had reached agreement to supply City with match day pies etc

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.