New history video series by Gary James & David Mooney

Gary James

Myself & David Mooney were planning on launching a new series of MCFC related history videos in June. We’ve decided to bring that forward & launch it tomorrow. Details here https://patreon.com/cityfolklore

There’s a taster with a unique archive talk about Joe Mercer by Malcolm Allison. It’s going to be a video series of #ManCity’s history - good, bad, memorable, legendary - and that first video is up as a free taster.

Work your way down the page and you’ll find an introductory trailer by me and the Allison clip. Both David & I are continuing to do all the other stuff we do. This is not a replacement for anything. It's something additional. Thanks for reading this and supporting our work over the years. Cheers

That Big Mal speech was fantastic,the ending ..emotional.

I agree. It was a superb speech and the ending almost brought a tear to the eye. This series would be a great resource at any time, but right now it will be especially welcome.

That Big Mal speech was fantastic,the ending ..emotional.
Brilliant - glad you like it. Most of the time David and I will post a discussion between ourselves on a part of City’s history but occasionally we’ll post archival stuff from our old interviews etc. It will be a subscription service which I know will not be to everybody’s liking but we decided against searching for sponsors and using adverts etc. As I say on the clip this is additional to everything else David and I normally do, and hopefully it will appeal to some. Thanks again - our aim is to do stuff that’s unique and that Allison clip is certainly that. Thanks.

Brilliant - glad you like it. Most of the time David and I will post a discussion between ourselves on a part of City’s history but occasionally we’ll post archival stuff from our old interviews etc. It will be a subscription service which I know will not be to everybody’s liking but we decided against searching for sponsors and using adverts etc. As I say on the clip this is additional to everything else David and I normally do, and hopefully it will appeal to some. Thanks again - our aim is to do stuff that’s unique and that Allison clip is certainly that. Thanks.
To walk into a room and start a speech effortlessly referencing The Great Raich Carter,Dixie Dean Bell Lee Summerbee takes some doing.
The charisma of the man is immense.

He clearly meant the 1933 Fa cup final v Everton,not 1934 which City won...

Last edited:
He clearly meant the 1933 Fa cup final v Everton,not 1934 which City won...

Yes, I remember on the night wanting to correct him but then thinking better of it! That's why there's a weird pause/noise off camera - it was Norah Mercer. She knew it was 1933 because Joe had just broken into the Everton team but wasn't at Wembley and the Monday after the final Albert Geldard gave Joe some Wembley turf off his boots and said something like 'one day you'll get your own Wembley turf, don't worry son'. The Mercer book is available on kindle as a text only version at 99p until Saturday here:

Also, David and I are posting another free video today and the first of our subscription videos too: www.patreon.com/cityfolklore The free one is about abandoned/postponed seasons/competitions (I slip up with Roy Clarke's signing: I meant to say he signed from Cardiff and made his debut v Newport, his home town club. The subscription video is about the 1986 Full Members Cup. Thanks for watching/getting involved.

Fantastic start to the day - just watched the 'Ballet on Ice' from the OS - Jeez that footy was as good as any I've seen in the last few seasons - and now the Big Mal interview. Brilliant!

Glad you liked it. We may put the other speakers - me, James H Reeve, Norah Mercer, Mike Summerbee & Francis Lee up to for subscribers in the coming weeks.

For anyone who missed it there are 3 sample videos - an introduction by me, the Malcolm Allison talk plus me & David Mooney talking about abandoned/postponed seasons (including some details about a fixed game between Utd and LFC that affected the League for years) - plus for subscribers David & I discuss the Full Members' Cup. You can access the free ones and then find out details about subscribing here: www.patreon.com/cityfolklore A new video will be added every week.

Maybe an historic Netflix series about a team called Manchester winning the FA Cup using a combination of player names from both City and United. Maybe have it full of cliches and poorly written, I'm sure it would work and no one has thought about anything similar.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.