New home kit vs LA Universe

Ant-emilydesign said:
I liked it, dont mind the all blue look
Not really all that bothered what we wear as long as it is predominantly blue. We had the all blue/Coventry look back in the late seventies/early eighties as well. Granted, there was no internet back then, but I don't seem to remember the local media being inundated with complaints about it. If we're sitting on top of the pile next May, the whining about the kit will be long forgotten. Onwards and upwards.

If you don't like it, don't fucking buy it, and if it bothers you so much, don't watch City at home just in case your eyes start to bleed!
Personally I would prefer white shorts but the players look very smart in it.

It's funny how people are arguing we look like Coventry City, but say nothing about the Away kit, having a 'slight' familiarity with some Italian team, forget the name?

Cringe worthy, grown men moaning about the colour of shorts.
Think some of you should swap football for ballet, and let your true COLOUR out.

I think it's pretty clear to all of us now that when our owners said they wanted City to be the no1 football team in the world, they meant it!
Football these days however is not the same game most of us remember from school - it is now a global business and the top football clubs around the world are more than that - they are a brand. No different in a lot of respects to MacDonalds or Coke.
Now with that in mind you go anywhere around the world and ask somebody to describe the MacDonalds branding it's almost a certainty they would describe to you the golden arch logo, colour scheme etc. Now carry that into football - stop somebody walking the street in Malaysia, Singapore, South Africa to describe the Rags football kit, and I guarantee they'd know - red shirts, white shorts, black socks... this is as much a part of their brand as their badge, it makes them instantly recognisable as all good branding should do. Similarly Liverpool, Real Madrid etc. etc. - can you imagine Liverpool announcing a new home kit with white shorts? No, they have decade ago worn such a kit, but since the 60's when they found their 'identity' their kit has been constant.
So that's where my problem lies with our new kit. City need to be constant, to get where we want to go our kit is as important in our 'branding' as our badge is. I want to be able to stop somebody anywhere in the world and ask them what kit we wear and they know straight away - sky blue shirt, white shorts, sky blue socks - we need to burn this image into peoples heads worldwide, we need to be instantly recogniseable - our colours define who we are as a club - I hope you're listening Gary Cook!

i'm not listening to any apologists - the blue shorts just don't cut it for me. and as for the ac milan kit comparison, i dare say nobody minds that because they are a very successful and stylish club. but coventry city ffs!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.