New home kit?

Mada-MCFC-adaM said:
Has anyone considered the material the players feel comfortable playing in?

The last 2 season kits have been great for us fans, but look like abolute sweat bags on the players.

When Umbro first used the cotton like material in 2009/10 there were about 4 videos on the OS specifically about the new kits. One of them talked about the material and how it had been designed and was actually very breathable and lightweight. I play football in the current kits and find them fine.

Even if this was the reason for the change in material, they haven't even used the material that most other kit makers use, the away kit feels really starchy and tough.

Niall2407 said:
Mada-MCFC-adaM said:

The last 2 season kits have been great for us fans, but look like abolute sweat bags on the players.

I'm thought the players players wear a different shirt compared to the ones that are sold to the fans at £40/£45. I remember last season seeing an official man united shirt on Kitbag which was I think £90 because it was the same type of shirt that the players wear and not the 'cheaper' version that fans normally buy.
That's simply not true anymore.
In the 90's, most definitely. But the Umbro kits you buy now are exactly same ones the players wear (minus felt numbers/lettering of course).

wiggly75 said:
Forget the new home shirt. Get yourself the Diamond range shirt -old round City badge, perfect City blue, and made from the better quality cotton material. It looks quality and is only 25 quid. Problem solved!!!

Good point Wiggly . . defo a good shirt and demonstrates that while a few very vocal moaners are having a gripe about the 'new' shirt, that there's a massive range of excellent City kit available to suit all but the most finicky persons taste.
Nothing to moan about anyhow as nobody is obliged to like or buy any particular shirt.
I'm still wearing the season before lasts most often (got a drawer full of various City kit tops) but will defo buy the diamond range shirt as it stirs my porridge nicely and says City load and clear.

PS. Anyone who can't find a city shirt to suit their exact tastes should get their mum to knit them one to their own particular design.

hisroyalblueness said:
PS. Anyone who can't find a city shirt to suit their exact tastes should get their mum to knit them one to their own particular design.

Knit them one !!! You mean a full on woollen one ! May be ok for a winter away game in Poland but start of the season in August, but warm don't ye think ?

:-)

kenzie115 said:
Mada-MCFC-adaM said:

When Umbro first used the cotton like material in 2009/10 there were about 4 videos on the OS specifically about the new kits. One of them talked about the material and how it had been designed and was actually very breathable and lightweight. I play football in the current kits and find them fine.

Even if this was the reason for the change in material, they haven't even used the material that most other kit makers use, the away kit feels really starchy and tough.

Yeah, I remember seeing those videos, however, I have always thought they were pretty sweaty shirts. The way the material soaks up your sweat and turns a darker colour and also feels heavier probably isn’t what a footballer wants. I did get a bit cheesed off with mine while travelling around Australia in it, or sweating my balls off in pubs wearing it.

I also think a football shirt that shows your sweat patches is a bit poor. You can clearly see huge sweat patches on the front and rear of the shirts during the game, and some players may have issues with this.

I don't know what the obsession with this 'cotton' material is.

I'm pretty sure even thought it had the texture of a brushed cotton it wasn't cotton. I still think it had a high percentage of polyester in it. Polyester, even though it can make you a bit sweaty is a very versatile fabric.

I won't comment anymore on it until we see it now officially unveiled and on a player. We've seen enough bootleg pics, we've got the gist of it. But there are things we don't know and we don't know really know what it will look like from top to bottom. let's keep a bit of an open mind here, some of the negativity is overkill.

welcometomanchester said:
don't want to start new topic but anyway to get the champions league badges on the away kit when ordering online? cant find it on the OS.

Think you can only do it on the navy shirt online because thats this years CL shirt mate.

Stiss said:
I don't know what the obsession with this 'cotton' material is.

I'm pretty sure even thought it had the texture of a brushed cotton it wasn't cotton. I still think it had a high percentage of polyester in it. Polyester, even though it can make you a bit sweaty is a very versatile fabric.

You're right. 80% polyester and 20% cotton.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.