New house and extension

You could still sell surely? How's the rental market at the moment, maybe you could lease it out
Its a nice house in a good area, i like living there. The ground rent once a year is the only problem. Shane the government cant do anything retrospectively. Never mind i guess i'll live with it

You could still sell surely? How's the rental market at the moment, maybe you could lease it out
Leasehold may make it harder to sell, depends what's in the terms of the lease. Seeing as it's already gone up 300%, I'd guess it's not brilliant. It might be worth buying up the lease (expect 8 times the current lease) and stick it on the value of the house. The mortgage lender might be able to advise and be willing to add the cost to an existing mortgage.

It's an absolute disgrace, and solicitors should be taken to task for not making absolutely sure their clients are aware of what could happen. Some banks are starting to refuse mortgages where ground rent rises are, frankly, immoral.

Leasehold may make it harder to sell, depends what's in the terms of the lease. Seeing as it's already gone up 300%, I'd guess it's not brilliant. It might be worth buying up the lease (expect 8 times the current lease) and stick it on the value of the house. The mortgage lender might be able to advise and be willing to add the cost to an existing mortgage.

It's an absolute disgrace, and solicitors should be taken to task for not making absolutely sure their clients are aware of what could happen. Some banks are starting to refuse mortgages where ground rent rises are, frankly, immoral.

I just looked on the website of the ground rent company, and they want £108 just to apply for a figure to buy the leasehold

All this makes me thankful I only pay £6.50 a year to some Duchee of Wilton or some other 19th century land baron, never rises and if I could be arsed could buy out easily enough, it's disgraceful some the scams the builders have pulled in recent years

Hopefully the leasehold scandal will go the same way as the PPI and we will all be compensated with interest!

One house builder, Taylor Wimpey, has reportedly already set aside £130m to cover leasehold disputes arising from people who bought its homes between 2007 and 2011, and who now face doubling ground rents.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.