New Huddersfield kit

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by Ric, 17 Jul 2019.

1. ali benarbia's studs

ali benarbia's studs

pr at paddy is hot ,me thinks

2. journolud

journolud

A disgrace? Hardly

3. u2fme2

u2fme2

Just wait till it starts flashing with latest odds!!

Vienna_70 likes this.
  4. DorisBlue

DorisBlue

Theyve just released the actual one. No logo at all by the looks. Looks a quality kit. Plus good exposure and marketing for PP

5. MCFC1993

MCFC1993

Gone from having the worst shirt in the football league to possibly the best.

No sponsor, just the badge and brand of kit.

6. 7evens

7evens

This is proper scummy from both of them. I'd expect it from Paddy Power because they're utterly shameless but Huddersfield have acted like complete dickheads here. Regardless of whether or not the actual home kit looks nice, this has still wound up as a massive advert for Paddy Power. In a country where desperate young men are developing gambling addictions and taking their own lives because they're spiralling into debt, this is very, very irresponsible from both parties. Paddy Power have come out of this looking like geniuses when their aggressive marketing should be getting curtailed. And I bet that not featuring the logo on Huddersfield's shirts has given license for Paddy Power to have their name plastered all over the stadium. Dodgy as fuck.

7. discopop

discopop

Scrappy Doo likes this comment

8. Bozo

Bozo

To be honest I think they've both come off pretty well. The actual shirt is one of the nicest I've seen:

https://www.htafc.com/HomeKit-1920

9. peace frog

peace frog

48 hours after the first release of a home shirt that has been much-discussed amongst Town fans and the wider football community – and which was also worn in the pre-season win at Rochdale on Wednesday night – a blue and white striped shirt featuring no sponsor logo has now been revealed.

The shirt is part of Paddy Power’s new ‘Save Our Shirt’ campaign; an initiative that is backing a move towards unbranded football kits, effectively returning the shirt back to the fans.

As a result, Paddy Power has relinquished the space on the front of the shirt that the company would be due as title sponsor.

genius advertising by PP again,and they are not putting their name on the Huddersfield shirt this season.

10. 7evens

7evens

This is exactly my point. Paddy Power will now be linked with Huddersfield's home shirt for the rest of the season, no matter how nice it apparently looks. In absence of a sponsor Huddersfield have essentially allowed Paddy Power to fill that empty space purely by association. Publicly, this campaign has rallied against marketing, sponsorship, branding, etc. but privately this has been nothing more than a glorified advert for a betting company. In the economic and social climate we're currently in, where young men are being plunged so far into debt that they decide to take their own lives, this is grossly irresponsible and both of them should, at the very least, be getting a stern letter from Ofcom.