New Huddersfield kit

Theyve just released the actual one. No logo at all by the looks. Looks a quality kit. Plus good exposure and marketing for PP

Gone from having the worst shirt in the football league to possibly the best.

No sponsor, just the badge and brand of kit.

This is proper scummy from both of them. I'd expect it from Paddy Power because they're utterly shameless but Huddersfield have acted like complete dickheads here. Regardless of whether or not the actual home kit looks nice, this has still wound up as a massive advert for Paddy Power. In a country where desperate young men are developing gambling addictions and taking their own lives because they're spiralling into debt, this is very, very irresponsible from both parties. Paddy Power have come out of this looking like geniuses when their aggressive marketing should be getting curtailed. And I bet that not featuring the logo on Huddersfield's shirts has given license for Paddy Power to have their name plastered all over the stadium. Dodgy as fuck.

This is proper scummy from both of them. I'd expect it from Paddy Power because they're utterly shameless but Huddersfield have acted like complete dickheads here. Regardless of whether or not the actual home kit looks nice, this has still wound up as a massive advert for Paddy Power. In a country where desperate young men are developing gambling addictions and taking their own lives because they're spiralling into debt, this is very, very irresponsible from both parties. Paddy Power have come out of this looking like geniuses when their aggressive marketing should be getting curtailed. And I bet that not featuring the logo on Huddersfield's shirts has given license for Paddy Power to have their name plastered all over the stadium. Dodgy as fuck.

To be honest I think they've both come off pretty well. The actual shirt is one of the nicest I've seen:

https://www.htafc.com/HomeKit-1920

48 hours after the first release of a home shirt that has been much-discussed amongst Town fans and the wider football community – and which was also worn in the pre-season win at Rochdale on Wednesday night – a blue and white striped shirt featuring no sponsor logo has now been revealed.

The shirt is part of Paddy Power’s new ‘Save Our Shirt’ campaign; an initiative that is backing a move towards unbranded football kits, effectively returning the shirt back to the fans.

As a result, Paddy Power has relinquished the space on the front of the shirt that the company would be due as title sponsor.

genius advertising by PP again,and they are not putting their name on the Huddersfield shirt this season.

To be honest I think they've both come off pretty well. The actual shirt is one of the nicest I've seen:

https://www.htafc.com/HomeKit-1920
This is exactly my point. Paddy Power will now be linked with Huddersfield's home shirt for the rest of the season, no matter how nice it apparently looks. In absence of a sponsor Huddersfield have essentially allowed Paddy Power to fill that empty space purely by association. Publicly, this campaign has rallied against marketing, sponsorship, branding, etc. but privately this has been nothing more than a glorified advert for a betting company. In the economic and social climate we're currently in, where young men are being plunged so far into debt that they decide to take their own lives, this is grossly irresponsible and both of them should, at the very least, be getting a stern letter from Ofcom.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.