New Huddersfield kit

48 hours after the first release of a home shirt that has been much-discussed amongst Town fans and the wider football community – and which was also worn in the pre-season win at Rochdale on Wednesday night – a blue and white striped shirt featuring no sponsor logo has now been revealed.

The shirt is part of Paddy Power’s new ‘Save Our Shirt’ campaign; an initiative that is backing a move towards unbranded football kits, effectively returning the shirt back to the fans.

As a result, Paddy Power has relinquished the space on the front of the shirt that the company would be due as title sponsor.

genius advertising by PP again,and they are not putting their name on the Huddersfield shirt this season.
I know. This is exactly the point I'm making. The bits in bold are where this campaign has got everyone hook, line, and sinker.

It's an initiative against branding but it's also "genius advertising"? It's scummy as fuck.

This is exactly my point. Paddy Power will now be linked with Huddersfield's home shirt for the rest of the season, no matter how nice it apparently looks. In absence of a sponsor Huddersfield have essentially allowed Paddy Power to fill that empty space purely by association. Publicly, this campaign has rallied against marketing, sponsorship, branding, etc. but privately this has been nothing more than a glorified advert for a betting company. In the economic and social climate we're currently in, where young men are being plunged so far into debt that they decide to take their own lives, this is grossly irresponsible and both of them should, at the very least, be getting a stern letter from Ofcom.

I mean, companies and businesses sponsor teams for that said publicity. I feel the betting debate is for another day, this is just about the shirt.

Never takes long for these smug bastards to get in on the act, does it?

This is exactly my point. Paddy Power will now be linked with Huddersfield's home shirt for the rest of the season, no matter how nice it apparently looks. In absence of a sponsor Huddersfield have essentially allowed Paddy Power to fill that empty space purely by association. Publicly, this campaign has rallied against marketing, sponsorship, branding, etc. but privately this has been nothing more than a glorified advert for a betting company. In the economic and social climate we're currently in, where young men are being plunged so far into debt that they decide to take their own lives, this is grossly irresponsible and both of them should, at the very least, be getting a stern letter from Ofcom.

Might as well ban all gambling. And everything else that people of both sexes and all ages can get addicted to.

Might as well ban all gambling. And everything else that people of both sexes and all ages can get addicted to.
Banning and making things illegal never goes well. See: prohibition and "the war on drugs". Better regulation is needed, though.

Will end up relatively skint one day I would guess. and in jail. Certain to get divorced so there is at least half of his money gone. Unemployable as a manager soon. And not well liked enough in the media to earn great money.

Also gambled over a quarter of a million quid over the last few years.

Second half of his life I would imagine will be interesting.

Never takes long for these smug bastards to get in on the act, does it?

Surely the dippers will have an angle on this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.