New interview with John Guidetti, the quote machine!

Outrun

Biggest newspaper in Sweden with an interview, did some translation of his quotes:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/fotboll/internationell/england/article7849485.ab" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/f ... 7849485.ab</a>

(About the debute talent show at the US tour)
I said on stage:
”Fuck everyone, I am a piece of fucking white trash. I say it prouds me.”
(And then won)

In the first round I sang Shakira's Waka Waka. Wanted to find some WC atmosphere. Then I ended with a freestyle rap like Eminem does in 8 Mile. You know, I want to win in everything.

(About being in the senior squad)

I've been in 2-3 times and it's important to watch and learn, so I can be mentally prepared in my debut. But to be honest it's mostly just frustrating, since I cant train maximum that day or the day before. I usually do extra extra training when I have time off and not with the squad, but I can't do that if I'm in. When that happen I have to be fully ready.

And often we go to a big hotel and are there and lumber. Still everything leads to that you sit in the attendance or the bench like any day. So it's just frustrating to be in, considering I miss out on important training time.

- So you're rather out of the squad until the day you're ready to play?
It's hard. Of course you like to be in the squad, it's really big, but we're so strange as humans. We always want more. You're in the squad two times and then not happy with it anymore. You want to play, even though it's Tevez on the pitch. When you play U19 you want to be in U21, when you're in U21 you want to be with the seniors. It's how it should be. Otherwise you're not hungry enough.

- It's still about Manchester City's match squad.
Yes, we're one of the best teams in the world. But you can't go to training in this team and have that attitude. We have legendaries who have won WC, Euro's, CL, PL, Serie A. They have everything. My best merite is like a volley shot against Malmö (a goal he scored when on loan to Sweden).

- And then you can't be satisfied with "only" the squad?
Yes. Then you have to think "I know this" and lose the respect, even if I have big damn respect for them. If Vieira tells me something I listen, if you know what I mean.

- You don't speak him off?
On training I smash him hard (rough tackle), but outside the pitch it's always about respect. He can tell me "John, please fetch me that quickly". Then you do it. It's not about being a dog, but he has won. He's one of the legendaries legendaries.

(He also says some stuff about the people he played with in Africa now plays in Anderlecht, Napoli)

(About watching football for the first time in Kenya, 1998)
I remember it. It was a big screen TV, and a lot of girls said "he's so cute, so cute" to me. I just moved them away. They were away. I was all in football. It was all Ronaldo, Vieir, Baggio.

- When you lived in Sweden you trained more than everyone else. Do you still do it?
I stayed 90 minutes after training today. Me and a German goalkeeper did extra finishing. I did around 100-150 finishes.

- Do you train harder than anyone in City?
Don't know. But when you watch Tevez doing finishing at training you know you need to stay and practice more to get as good. Many want to be that good. Then you just have to work for it.

-Your father was supposed to mount an ice bath in the car when you came to England. Has it been installed?
No, the club gives me really good ice baths. They have world class ice baths.

- In and interview 2008 you said you had as a goal to play World Cup 2010. What went wrong?
Sweden didn't qualify.

- You were still not on paper for the squad.
That's not sure. They didn't keep their part of the deal. If Sweden would have qualified I could answer that question.

Seems to keep on with the hard work. Apparently Mancini praised him in the match programme at the Chelsea game, saying he's showing potential.

he is so focused on being a success its almost scary... but at the same time he is also humble and knows his place for now...

I truly believe he will become something special... only 18 years old

Good spot. Love this kid's attitude. A long way from the finished article but seems determined to be the very best he can be, like a Swedish Bellamy. After slagging our youngsters' attitudes, maybe a certain Mr Ireland should read this. Or watch a tape of Boyata yesterday

LongsightM13 said:
Good spot. Love this kid's attitude. A long way from the finished article but seems determined to be the very best he can be, like a Swedish Bellamy. After slagging our youngsters' attitudes, maybe a certain Mr Ireland should read this. Or watch a tape of Boyata yesterday

I think you could insert Mr Richards there for Ireland also.

Boyata has the composure and talent to be a great.

An article from last week after the CC game from the Expressen newspaper (Sanktan is their regional pull-out about youth sport):

John Guidetti on his debut at Manchester City
One of Swedens biggest young football hopes, John Guidetti, has had his debut at Manchester City. It turned out to be a 2-1 loss to West Brom, but John Guidetti introduced himself with a good effort and a nice back heel to set up to City's goal.

- It went great, I'm pleased, "said John Guidetti to Sanktan.se.
John Guidetti was paired up front with the Brazilian international Jo when City visited West Brom. The duo were also behind the City's goal, which came when Guidetti heeled the ball forward to the Brazilian.
- Jo screamed, I back-heeled the ball and it fell right and we scored. It was well worked, but after the moment was over it was just 'play on', "said John Guidetti to Sanktan.se.
He is pleased with his effort, even if West Brom turned the match around and won 2-1.
- It went great, I was pleased. It is incredible to debut in a big game. Really huge, Guidetti said.

How did you feel before the game?
- It goes without saying that I was a bit nervous beforehand, you want to show what you can do and that you're good enough for this level. But once I got on the pitch it was all right.

Got a pat off Mancini
When Sanktan.se meet John Guidetti, he has just come in from training. Well, the team's workout ended an hour ago, but John stayed and trained himself.
- I will work harder than ever, of course. The training ended an hour ago and I've just come in a minute ago. I've been out training alone, "he says.

What did Mancini think about your game?
- I do not know, I got a pat on the head. I'll know whether he liked it later. When I get the chance again, I'll just give it my all.

"I'm enjoying every minute"
John Guidetti switches between practicing with the first team and the reserves.
- I've trained a lot with the first team, but it is different because we have a great squad. When I get a chance with them, it's about putting your head down and working.

How is it to train and play with such great stars?
It's huge at first. I am grateful for the opportunity, I'm living the best life in the world and I am enjoying every second of it.

Original article by Joel Wennerberg, Sanktan

I've got a couple more to translate and post, there was a nice one with his dad that I'll try and find again.

Guidetti is huge in Sweden, it's frightening how much media coverage he's getting, hope it doesn't go to his head.

Sam Eto's P45 said:
LongsightM13 said:

I think you could insert Mr Richards there for Ireland also.

Boyata has the composure and talent to be a great.
I cant see Mica getting back in, he's now 3rd in the pecking order.

Cheers for the articles OP and blue swedish. Keep them coming. With this kid and Super Mario, our younger forwards certainly seem a self-confident bunch of lads!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.