New Laws

I'm pretty certain I saw that the rebound thing had got dropped. Marca are working off a draft.

The handball change is (as I understand it)
- no goal off an arm (makes sense, easy with VAR)
- I think - no goal if the ball is inadvertently controlled by an arm leading to a goal
- introduction of a concept of 'natural silhouette' where ball to arm will not be penalised.
- deliberate handball remains.
I did wonder about the penalty thing as I’ve only seen it in Marca whereas the others seem to be on lots of sites.

Yes, I know that I was really just raising discussion points

There's so many things wrong that, could be easily put right that they seem to totally ignore Time Wasting is the biggy for me and surrounding the ref is another Generally footballers are cheats looking to gain any advantage any way they they can

100% agree with you there - although I have said in a previous thread that it would only take ONE ref. with the balls to add 10/12/15 mins to the end of the game to put a total stop to this. Let the players waste as much time as they want ............ just quadruple the 'added time' ... problem would vanish, guaranteed.

100% agree with you there - although I have said in a previous thread that it would only take ONE ref. with the balls to add 10/12/15 mins to the end of the game to put a total stop to this. Let the players waste as much time as they want ............ just quadruple the 'added time' ... problem would vanish, guaranteed.
I think the ref would be bollocked by Mike Riley if they did
I remember a ref adding the right amount at the end of a first half in a European match once The rival manger went ballistic But there was no time wasting in the second half

I think the ref would be bollocked by Mike Riley if they did
I remember a ref adding the right amount at the end of a first half in a European match once The rival manger went ballistic But there was no time wasting in the second half

Thanks for that .... so, it CAN be done then. You're probably right about Riley as well. Isn't there something about any added time being "a minimum", and also, "at the ref's discretion" - although I could be wrong about the second bit.

The goal kick is interesting. So as I understand it the team who's goal kick it is can enter the area to receive the ball but the opposition cannot until the player has touched the ball. I can see Pep working on that one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.