New Laws

Without checking on google - What happens if a player scores in his own goal from a goal kick? ( no Peaking!)

The goal kick is interesting. So as I understand it the team who's goal kick it is can enter the area to receive the ball but the opposition cannot until the player has touched the ball. I can see Pep working on that one.

You mean chasing the opponents' goalkick? There've been a few where the defending player has stepped inside to force a retake, which won't be possible next season.

You mean chasing the opponents' goalkick? There've been a few where the defending player has stepped inside to force a retake, which won't be possible next season.
As I see it a defender will be able to stay in the area to receive the ball but the opponent must stay outside the area until the kick has been taken

As I see it a defender will be able to stay in the area to receive the ball but the opponent must stay outside the area until the kick has been taken

Yes, that's my interpretation.
So the forward can then chase the defender inside the area.

In the case of a fluffed goalkick, a defender now can step in and play the ball inside the area - that gives a retake.
In the new rules, stepping in and playing the ball has no effect, it's still live.

Presumably it should reduce the occurrence of a defender being harassed into getting rid of the ball as soon as it crosses the penalty area line.

Yes, that's my interpretation.
So the forward can then chase the defender inside the area.

In the case of a fluffed goalkick, a defender now can step in and play the ball inside the area - that gives a retake.
In the new rules, stepping in and playing the ball has no effect, it's still live.

Presumably it should reduce the occurrence of a defender being harassed into getting rid of the ball as soon as it crosses the penalty area line.
Correct. it should make it easier for teams to play out from the back

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.