New Laws

You can score directly in the oppositions goal from a goal kick. So the obvious decision would be an own goal

Hmm, yes. I was confusing it with corners. My bad.

The law says this:
"A goal may be scored directly from a goal kick, but only against the opposing team; if the ball directly enters the kicker’s goal a corner kick is awarded to the opponents if the ball left the penalty area."

Currently the ball has to leave the penalty area normally to be live, so this law may have to be amended.

Correct. it should make it easier for teams to play out from the back
Not really. At the moment if the centre backs are split and it’s played to one under pressure they can go inside the area and touch it and it’s taken again.

The new rule would see them have to deal with it. Not sure how that makes it easier for them.

Not really. At the moment if the centre backs are split and it’s played to one under pressure they can go inside the area and touch it and it’s taken again.

The new rule would see them have to deal with it. Not sure how that makes it easier for them.

They get 10+ yards of space if they're next to the keeper. That will offset it a bit

Law 10 mate, you can score directly from a goal kick, but only in the opponent's goal.

I think his logic makes sense (can score at one end, why not the other), just not the same logic as the law (ball must leave area to be live)!

Belt it into a strong wind, have it blow behind you back into the area and into the net and it's not an own goal, it's a corner.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.