New leaders

alexmcity

Team supported
City
We've had great characters and leaders during our league winning campaigns over the last 7-8 years. Some of them have already left (Hart, Zaba, Toure, Kompany...Delph was vocal in the dressing room too), others are going to leave over the next 20 months: Dave, Ferna and Kun.

So, who can become the new leaders of the team?

Naturally, Kevin is going to be among them. But there are tougher "bastards" than him:

Ederson: once he learns English sufficiently well, he can be among the leaders.

Laporte: think he is going to captain the team: gives his all, is tough and class at once.

Rodri: highly intelligent and confident, needs another 1-2 years and will be one of the leaders.

Raz is a top man but not sure he can motivate the team-mates as well as the mentioned above.

Gabby is too young, same with Foden.

Thoughts?

We unfortunately don’t have leaders like Kompany and Yaya any more. They were both leaders albeit in different ways. Kompany was an example both on and off the pitch. Yaya was a big game player who would take the lead on the pitch and drive the team on.

Kdb is the biggest leader on the pitch now. Off it, I don’t know. I don’t think there’s anyone as influential as Kompany was.

We need a centre back who has the presence and leadership of the likes of VVD and De ligt.

We unfortunately don’t have leaders like Kompany and Yaya any more. They were both leaders albeit in different ways. Kompany was an example both on and off the pitch. Yaya was a big game player who would take the lead on the pitch and drive the team on.

Kdb is the biggest leader on the pitch now. Off it, I don’t know. I don’t think there’s anyone as influential as Kompany was.

We need a centre back who has the presence and leadership of the likes of VVD and De ligt.

You don't think Laporte can be such a leader?

At his age VVD was playing for Southampton and many didn't think he was good enough to play for a top club, let alone to be the leader there.

Eric is outstanding and will be a great leader, imo.

You don't think Laporte can be such a leader?

At his age VVD was playing for Southampton and many didn't think he was good enough to play for a top club, let alone to be the leader there.

Eric is outstanding and will be a great leader, imo.

Actually I do think Laporte can be a leader! I just worry he’s injury prone but then so was Kompany.

I’d love to find us a captain and leader who wasn’t in and out of the team with injuries.

Actually I do think Laporte can be a leader! I just worry he’s injury prone but then so was Kompany.

I’d love to find us a captain and leader who wasn’t in and out of the team with injuries.

I don't think he is injury prone like say Stones or Kompany. He has suffered bad injuries due to being unreasonable at times and committing dangerous challenges. He can overcome that with experience.

We've had great characters and leaders during our league winning campaigns over the last 7-8 years. Some of them have already left (Hart, Zaba, Toure, Kompany...Delph was vocal in the dressing room too), others are going to leave over the next 20 months: Dave, Ferna and Kun.

So, who can become the new leaders of the team?

Naturally, Kevin is going to be among them. But there are tougher "bastards" than him:

Ederson: once he learns English sufficiently well, he can be among the leaders.

Laporte: think he is going to captain the team: gives his all, is tough and class at once.

Rodri: highly intelligent and confident, needs another 1-2 years and will be one of the leaders.

Raz is a top man but not sure he can motivate the team-mates as well as the mentioned above.

Gabby is too young, same with Foden.

Thoughts?
Ederson, the guy is a natural leader and seems he has a lot of respect in the dressing room.

When we recruit again we must look for some leaders and some vocal presence on the pitch.

It’s a team full of leaders. Couple of defeats doesn’t turn double title winning mentally tough warriors who won 14 on the bounce to retain the title into shrinking violets.

People should stop listening to the media shite that flies around anytime we have a bad result.

I don’t think it’s anything to do with the results? I felt concerned about Kompany’s loss in the summer as did loads of fans. We haven’t replaced his influence, that’s not a criticism of anyone, it’s a simple observation.

I don’t think it’s anything to do with the results? I felt concerned about Kompany’s loss in the summer as did loads of fans. We haven’t replaced his influence, that’s not a criticism of anyone, it’s a simple observation.

Very true.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.