Shop name?!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Re: Re: New Mac

Prestwich_Blue said:
another generation said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Need a new mac. Might get one of these:
599A58DE.jpg
Is this mac sold 'as seen,' ie complete with the bloke wearing it? Where'dya find it, PB? Be nice - send a link!
No. The coat's extra.
Where did you get that pic from PB? Shop name??!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Blimey. A month's gone and I still haven't decided what I want. Hard disk question - is the Solid State Drive the one that makes no noise, and doesn't heat up? I can't stand background noise on computers, so reckon it would be worth paying the extra if it really is a silent option. My choice is either a 256GB SSD on its own or buy it combined with a normal serial ATA drive. I assume that the latter option is a bit daft if I want to avoid a noisy computer? I already have an external hard disk, so space won't be a problem. Advice?

Don't buy an iMac now if you can help it mate. They will be updated soon eg next few months. The new ones are going to be seriously quick.

Regarding the SSD. They are indeed silent and run very cool. If you have an external i would just go with the inbuilt SSD. I have one in my own pc and it is great. Can't go back to normal HDD now :D

another generation said:
Blimey. A month's gone and I still haven't decided what I want. Hard disk question - is the Solid State Drive the one that makes no noise, and doesn't heat up? I can't stand background noise on computers, so reckon it would be worth paying the extra if it really is a silent option. My choice is either a 256GB SSD on its own or buy it combined with a normal serial ATA drive. I assume that the latter option is a bit daft if I want to avoid a noisy computer? I already have an external hard disk, so space won't be a problem. Advice?

It is the quiet one yes, also very very fast, especially if on raid0 with another ssd.

Just keep the hdd as a slave for storage, and use the ssd as the master. When i want to watch a film i just drag it to a temp folder on the ssd and play it of that.

Skashion said:
ChicagoBlue said:
AppleCare is getting expensive, but like all good insurance, is worth it if you have an "insurable event" occur!!!
You'd realise how dumb getting Applecare is if you read my posts.

I do, if I agreed with your post.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.