New MEN Manchester City Editor.

If you read the article right to the end it says he is a blue but only when he was a boy but grew up to be a rag ;)

CITY EDITOR

Name: Paul Handler

Team supported as a boy: City

Prediction for City this season: Premier League champions, Champions League semi-finalists

Key player: Sergio Aguero

Promise to fans: Do our utmost to provide THE best Manchester City coverage and to give a voice to the supporters.

Keith Moon said:
Paul Handler, is he a blue?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/introducing-mens-new-manchester-united-7732763" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... ed-7732763</a>

Sez he is in the article, but I had a little chortle 'cos the 'Red' Editor is a County fan! I wait to see whether we get more than 40% of the space in the paper.

The MEN (or rather their owner Trinity Mirror) is still failing to acknowledge the main reason its interaction with supporters has collapsed. In this very article, fans are invited to chat with the new editors … VIA FACEBOOK!!! Perhaps they haven't spotted (or prefer not to notice) that a City-story typically attracts around 20 comments since the mandatory Facebook link-up compared to around 200 pre-Facebook. And the problem is not only one of numbers … the best quality contributors to 'comments' have gone and not returned post-Facebook.

MEN: If you genuinely want to optimise healthy interaction with the fans (which you used to have but threw away), the compulsory link with Facebook must go. Many of us do not want anything to do with organisations which harvest our details to be sold on to the highest bidder. Leave Facebook as an option and NOT a requirement and you might just see healthy debate return to the MEN website. Didn't you notice that the comments section pre the Facebook link used to be as big a draw as the main stories themselves?

Of course, I would have commented about these changes on the MEN website itself. But that would mean linking through Facebook. So … No Thanks!

LoL... The Utd editor is a County fan :-D

I welcome that they have a "blue" on board, but I await any improvement.

Maybe we'll get 2cm more column space inside the paper?

Roberto Manciti said:
The MEN (or rather their owner Trinity Mirror) is still failing to acknowledge the main reason its interaction with supporters has collapsed. In this very article, fans are invited to chat with the new editors … VIA FACEBOOK!!! Perhaps they haven't spotted (or prefer not to notice) that a City-story typically attracts around 20 comments since the mandatory Facebook link-up compared to around 200 pre-Facebook. And the problem is not only one of numbers … the best quality contributors to 'comments' have gone and not returned post-Facebook.

MEN: If you genuinely want to optimise healthy interaction with the fans (which you used to have but threw away), the compulsory link with Facebook must go. Many of us do not want anything to do with organisations which harvest our details to be sold on to the highest bidder. Leave Facebook as an option and NOT a requirement and you might just see healthy debate return to the MEN website. Didn't you notice that the comments section pre the Facebook link used to be as big a draw as the main stories themselves?

Of course, I would have commented about these changes on the MEN website itself. But that would mean linking through Facebook. So … No Thanks!

very well said.

Roberto Manciti said:

Sorry, I've been away for 3 years and will never go back. Their biased review and blocking of non offensive comments saw to that !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.