New mobile phone - PAC code for same network?

Wafty Cranker

I'm after some advice.

My current contract with Vodafone is up, and I could do with a new handset. I've looked online and seen a few decent deals still with Vodafone, but not direct through them. I rang Vodafone and they've said they can't match the deal I've seen, so I've given notice to terminate my contract. If I go and get a new contract with Vodafone through a third party can I keep my existing number? Vodafone has sent me a PAC code, but is that only for moving to another network?

I should have asked when I was on to them but I didn't know it was a potential issue at the time.

Cheers.

You need to get a free sim card from another provider. Port it to that sim and then port it to the new voda sim.
So basically double port it

I'm after some advice.

My current contract with Vodafone is up, and I could do with a new handset. I've looked online and seen a few decent deals still with Vodafone, but not direct through them. I rang Vodafone and they've said they can't match the deal I've seen, so I've given notice to terminate my contract. If I go and get a new contract with Vodafone through a third party can I keep my existing number? Vodafone has sent me a PAC code, but is that only for moving to another network?

I should have asked when I was on to them but I didn't know it was a potential issue at the time.

Cheers.
You can use a pac code for any network. I'd shop around before going back to voda.

I'm after some advice.

Cheers.
Some good deals to be had on these cashback sites especially if your not after latest flagship phone but you need to remember to claim. Mobiles direct doing an A71 with 45gb for £22 a month on O2
https://www.mobilephonesdirect.co.uk/contract-mobile-phones/samsung-galaxy-a71

You can use a pac code for any network. I'd shop around before going back to voda.
This isn't necessarily correct. If you are porting to the same service provider it won't work.
I work for virgin media business and if someone has a sim with virgin media, they can't port directly and need to get a sim from somewhere else to be the 'middle man'

Cheers. I'm a lazy bastard so I might just see if I can get a similar deal on another network instead of using Vodafone and having to mess about. I thought it might have been more straight forward to stick with the same network, but seems it's the opposite.

I always felt a bit dirty using them anyway, as I still associate them with the rag shirts.

I ‘thought’ I needed a new handset when my contract with 02 expired until Virgin offered me a free unlimited mins, text, 5GB Sim only when I signed up to their broadband so I gladly accepted and kept my handset which I will keep as long as it works.
The Mrsery and daughter like to get new phones every 18months @£50 each PM!
Crazy!!

Cheers. I'm a lazy bastard so I might just see if I can get a similar deal on another network instead of using Vodafone and having to mess about. I thought it might have been more straight forward to stick with the same network, but seems it's the opposite.

I always felt a bit dirty using them anyway, as I still associate them with the rag shirts.
If you happen to have your own business I can price a business mobile up for you

Smarty do a 30gb SIM for a tenner a month. No contract. Unlimited calls and texts. Currently doing 100gb for £15.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.