New music and band thread

I'm With Stupid

Brilliant thread...just what's needed. The problem these days is that there seems to be no outlet from new bands...back in the day we had Peel, The tube, Whistle Test and so on...
I'll be spending a lot of time listening to these recommendations after this match .
I usually just go on Metacritic every now and again and find the top reviewed albums so far this year and add them on Spotify. Then when I've got time, there's always a new album worth listening to rather than having to search for it every time you feel like listening to something new.

I'm With Stupid

Lana Del Rey - Chemtrails Over the Country Club (2021)

Listening to this one now. First song is great. I enjoyed her last album too. I reckon we could be in for a bumper year for music with no bands being able to do anything but record new music.

Innsbruckblue

Some good new stuff I’ve featured on my radio show lately:

Stevie Ray Latham (Dionysus Blues is one of my favourite tunes already)
The Snuts
Police Car Collective
Panic State
Juleah (friends of mine)
Black Pistol Fire
Sugar Wings
Still Corners
New Candys
Locklin
Unknown Chapters

You’re welcome ;)

trotsky

I think I may have been introduced to this band on here, my memory is addled, but I’ll put it out there (again?).

Similar to Fontaines DC (who are great), part Nick Cave and part The Fall. With a lead singer who has modelled himself on Tom Hardy’s portrayal of the psycho ‘Bronson’.
It will certainly wake you up.

nickmcfc1

I think I may have been introduced to this band on here, my memory is addled, but I’ll put it out there (again?).

Similar to Fontaines DC (who are great), part Nick Cave and part The Fall. With a lead singer who has modelled himself on Tom Hardy’s portrayal of the psycho ‘Bronson’.
It will certainly wake you up.
I put these on the What you listening to now thread so you may have heard there. Good record. Lots of bands get compared to The Fall tho.

Yaya's Birthday Cake

I do a Radio Show up here in the Toon playing Unsigned/Independent Bands/Singers, can recommend loads but for now check out 'The Superphone' they are from Manchester also one of my new favourite bands are 'Nomad Anthem'

Don't have an account?

Register now!
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.