New music and band thread

Brilliant thread...just what's needed. The problem these days is that there seems to be no outlet from new bands...back in the day we had Peel, The tube, Whistle Test and so on...
I'll be spending a lot of time listening to these recommendations after this match .
I usually just go on Metacritic every now and again and find the top reviewed albums so far this year and add them on Spotify. Then when I've got time, there's always a new album worth listening to rather than having to search for it every time you feel like listening to something new.

LPpdDJz.jpg

Lana Del Rey - Chemtrails Over the Country Club (2021)

v63gjVo.gif
Listening to this one now. First song is great. I enjoyed her last album too. I reckon we could be in for a bumper year for music with no bands being able to do anything but record new music.

Some good new stuff I’ve featured on my radio show lately:

Stevie Ray Latham (Dionysus Blues is one of my favourite tunes already)
The Snuts
Police Car Collective
Panic State
Juleah (friends of mine)
Black Pistol Fire
Sugar Wings
Still Corners
New Candys
Locklin
Unknown Chapters

You’re welcome ;)

I think I may have been introduced to this band on here, my memory is addled, but I’ll put it out there (again?).

Similar to Fontaines DC (who are great), part Nick Cave and part The Fall. With a lead singer who has modelled himself on Tom Hardy’s portrayal of the psycho ‘Bronson’.
It will certainly wake you up.

I think I may have been introduced to this band on here, my memory is addled, but I’ll put it out there (again?).

Similar to Fontaines DC (who are great), part Nick Cave and part The Fall. With a lead singer who has modelled himself on Tom Hardy’s portrayal of the psycho ‘Bronson’.
It will certainly wake you up.

I put these on the What you listening to now thread so you may have heard there. Good record. Lots of bands get compared to The Fall tho.

Not a brand new band, they released a self titled debut album a few years ago, but Ghost Dance Collective have released a new EP. This is a nice track off it.

There were some good songs on their album, but it was let down at times through some flat harmonies that they didn’t quite nail. Whereas here^ they seem to have it bang on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.