New panel on Question of Sport

Xhavenjoe

Just read Sue and the boys are leaving.

Sue Barker has said she is “sad to say goodbye” to A Question Of Sport after it was announced she is stepping down after 24 years.

Team captains Matt Dawson and Phil Tufnell will also depart the long-running sports quiz show as part of a major shake-up.

Former professional tennis player Barker, 64, took over as presenter from commentator David Coleman in 1997.

She said: “I’ve absolutely loved my 24 years fronting A Question of Sport, it’s been my dream job.

“But I understand the BBC want to take the show in a new direction and I’m sad to say goodbye.”

Ex-England rugby player Dawson, 47, and former English international cricketer Tufnell, 54, have led their teams on the show for 16 and 12 years respectively.

Tufnell tweeted he was “going to miss it hugely”, adding: “thanks so much for all the lovely messages !!”

Dawson said: “Thanks for all the lovely messages. I’m not sure how to respond so I’ll have a think.

Micah Richards would make a good captain, probably better than his punditry. Trying to think of a female captain (cos you can bet there will be one).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.