New panel on Question of Sport

Reminds me of the time when there where only four channels and the endless ‘concern and angst’ at all the sex and nudity on TV. Airwaves were awash with ‘filth’. Spent hours looking for it, yet nothing. Not a sausage (fnarr, fnarr).
Channel 4 used to have the red triangle movies late on a friday night in the 80s. Lots of nudity. Jean luc goddard season and all that.

went to watch a Question Of Sport on 1st April 1990 with my dad.

It wasnt filmed at The BBC on Oxford Rd it was filmed at a sports centre near platt lane just behind the old toaster building on oxford road.

Bill Beaumount and Ian Botham were captians.

How do i remember the date? As we were driving home my dad turned the radio on and we found out The Strangeways Riots had started!!

Yep, The Armitage Sports Center, Fallowfield.

Yep, The Armitage Sports Center, Fallowfield.
That's the one! Couldn't remember it for the life of me.

We were in on TV that afternoon as well on ITV.

We beat Villa 2-1 at Villa Park. Remember watching the match then going watching A Question Of Sport then finding out about the riots.

Very strange but exciting day

This thread reminds me a bit of the outrage at Phil Thompson, Charlie Nicholas and Matt Le Tissier being replaced on Soccer Saturday recently. Much bleating about them losing their jobs because of their age and ethnicity, “boxes being ticked”, “political correctness gone mad” etc. Only for them to be replaced by Tony Pulis and Tim Sherwood.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.