New Partner Betway

Yep - but burglars pass open window houses?, shoplifters pass self checkouts?
I suppose it's all down to how tempting and easy something is.
Who knows?
That isn't an addiction though, that is criminal behaviour, so the temptation to nick something is tempered by the thought of getting lifted when you pass an open window on a street in the daytime.

Radio phone-in at the moment discussing the normalisation of gambling particularly with young people.

There’s no doubt in my mind that betting advertising should be banned.
I worked in advertising many years ago. I left that job in 2006 and gambling ads were
strictly banned. I'd have made a killing if it was because I had a few contacts high up in a few firms. A few years later it got lifted which I was very surprised at, because although I'm a gambler myself, gambling ruins lives. It shouldn't be allowed in my opinion.

I worked in advertising many years ago. I left that job in 2006 and gambling ads were
strictly banned. I'd have made a killing if it was because I had a few contacts high up in a few firms. A few years later it got lifted which I was very surprised at, because although I'm a gambler myself, gambling ruins lives. It shouldn't be allowed in my opinion.
In all fairness we know the reason the ban was lifted.

How it affects people is an afterthought.

The only way it gets banned again is if the government sees it as politically favourable.

Gambling provides the vast majority of those who partake with an additional thrill which enhances their enjoyment of sporting events.

If a tiny minority of ill disciplined, greedy, feckless individuals ruin their own lives that’s their own fault and it shouldn’t be allowed to ruin everyone else’s fun.

Do we ban sex because a few people claim to be sex addicts ?

Gambling provides the vast majority of those who partake with an additional thrill which enhances their enjoyment of sporting events.

If a tiny minority of ill disciplined, greedy, feckless individuals ruin their own lives that’s their own fault and it shouldn’t be allowed to ruin everyone else’s fun.

Do we ban sex because a few people claim to be sex addicts ?
I didn't say I think gambling should be banned, because it shouldn't. I love a bet. I just don't think it should be bombarded at people at every opportunity.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.