New Range Of Merchandise In Store

It certainly doesn't bother me in the least ..... Just wondering if the average income fan is priced out of £80 for a pair of gloves etc or happy to pay such.
There's a difference between being priced out of something and not being happy to pay the amount. I would think at a push your average fan could afford to spend £80 on a pair of gloves, they probably wouldn't bother though because there would almost certainly always be something they'd be happier to spend £80 on than a pair of Manchester City gloves, unless they're a fucking maniac.

FWIW cost price estimates of these Polo shirt circa £8-12 Coat £25-35 White shirt £15-25

Spent 15 years working buying selling tat like this, nicely packaged so add a couple of quid to each
Well said.

I laughed at the email the club sent to me advertising this new "1894" range.
£70+ for a plain white shirt, I think the £1894 is in reference to how much you'd be spending on a few items of tat.

Hey if people have the money to spend, go ahead and pay for it.
Whilst genuine Mancunians March on to the nearby food banks.

Mancunian fashion isn't what Liam Gallaghers son is wearing down a cat walk, but the cheap tat thats been donated to charity shops.

If you take a look in off topic, there is a thread there about expensive watches where many, many blue confess to owning watches worth a several thousand pounds. Not all blues are living in cardboard boxes raiding bins for their next meal. Lots of folk spend silly money on clothes/footwear with certain logos on them.

If you take a look in off topic, there is a thread there about expensive watches where many, many blue confess to owning watches worth a several thousand pounds. Not all blues are living in cardboard boxes raiding bins for their next meal. Lots of folk spend silly money on clothes/footwear with certain logos on them.
Many blues?
A number of them yes on a internet forum.
Not everyone has access to the internet.
Not every city supporter is even aware of this message forum.
I speak with City/Football fans regularly (its part of my job) and many don't attend matches with one of their reasons being due to cost.
They could be lying yes but when it seems a significant proportion of people in the area I'm talking to who say they support city as their team yet don't attend games due to the cost....
One does wonder about the financial gap between fans who are on the internet, have the disposable income to buy tickets, buy nice clothing and a decent watch.
And then the city fan who hasn't been to a game for many years, doesn't own a decent watch, doesn't have internet access and so on.

The change in the fan demographic has been gradually occurring with measures such as membership schemes, different types of seating areas and so on.
Fair enough to city as they have introduced pay per month interest free facilities for season tickets and also have offered the £299 Deals but overall I feel the club has gone for a specific demographic which has an higher disposable income and thus would increase profit at the club... In favour of a more traditional fan who wouldn't spend the same amounts of money.

Are the club wrong to do this?
They are a business so no.
Their goal is to make money.

But the downside is the stadium will ever increasingly have more smartly dressed families who will eat hospitality food, won't create atmosphere and remain all happy clappy.
Amongst this demographic being the tourists.

This isn't my idea of attending a football match.
I actually pay to go because I want the atmosphere.

That shit I can do without and I'd rather just sit at home and watch the match rather than be sat amongst daytrippers.

I'm sure the club will be happy to read this however as then a new seat is created to place a tourist in who would pay double than I do.

Quite why anyone would even consider buying normal clothes like that from a football club is beyond me

Many blues?
I speak with City/Football fans regularly (its part of my job) and many don't attend matches with one of their reasons being due to cost.
They could be lying yes but when it seems a significant proportion of people in the area I'm talking to who say they support city as their team yet don't attend games due to the cost....
One does wonder about the financial gap between fans who are on the internet, have the disposable income to buy tickets, buy nice clothing and a decent watch.
And then the city fan who hasn't been to a game for many years, doesn't own a decent watch, doesn't have internet access and so on.

The change in the fan demographic has been gradually occurring with measures such as membership schemes, different types of seating areas and so on.
Fair enough to city as they have introduced pay per month interest free facilities for season tickets and also have offered the £299 Deals but overall I feel the club has gone for a specific demographic which has an higher disposable income and thus would increase profit at the club... In favour of a more traditional fan who wouldn't spend the same amounts of money.

But the downside is the stadium will ever increasingly have more smartly dressed families who will eat hospitality food, won't create atmosphere and remain all happy clappy.

That shit I can do without and I'd rather just sit at home and watch the match rather than be sat amongst daytrippers.

I'm sure the club will be happy to read this however as then a new seat is created to place a tourist in who would pay double than I do.

No aqua, stone island, Henry Lloyd etc etc for you then

No aqua, stone island, Henry Lloyd etc etc for you then
Nope... I wouldn't be seen dead in those chavvy brands.

Majority of the time I see someone with a stone island badge on their clothing they always turn out to be utter ****s and thus don't get allowed in to the venues I work at.

I do wear nice clothing, but purposely choose clothing that doesn't display any noticeable branding.

Many blues?

You sound like you view folk who are happy to spend money and thus support the club financially as less worthy of being City fans than the people you mention here.
As you've alluded to, everybody's support manifests itself in different ways but I'm sure the business brains who run the club's finances would prefer to base their business plan and their search for extra revenues on the supporters who you seem to hold some sort of resentment towards. After all they will spend some cash which in turn will make the club more profitable. It's no wonder the club does this as they are a business not a charity and they aren't responsible for your, or any other fan's emotional wellbeing.

We've always had supporters who don't fit your stereotypical working class image of a City fan, some seasoned posters on here and ones I've met in the real world live in nice leafy areas like Cheshire etc. Not every blue is living in a hostel eating pot noodles.
If you prefer to shop at Primark and charity shops to gain some monetary saving then that's up to you, it doesn't mean you are holier than another blue who has some disposable income to spend on an upmarket range of clothing. You sound like one of them social justice warriors who is on a personal mission to champion the poor masses who can't afford to attend the match. That's cool, if that fulfills you in some capacity, you can do this without sneering at people who are happy to spend their income in a way of their choosing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.