New rules to tackle cocaine use by the football fan

But in the meantime, is it justified that people throw money at organised crime which impacts so badly on society ?
Without any demand then what is the point of the govt legalising and regulating it?

I take you back to the US in the 1920’s, it was the continued demand allied to organised crime that ended up breaking Prohibition.

We’ll look back at the failed war on drugs in much the same way in 100 years.

Last edited:
Sandown Park have sniffer dogs any trace and they refuse entry.At least they are trying to do something about it.Think the Tingle creek meeting last December was the last straw lots of dickheads fighting and spoiling the majoritys day out.
A few things as I work in drug testing.

Oral swabs for cocaine will pick up breakdown products from days previous. In other words if you have used cocaine on a Friday night spent all day Saturday in bed and had a night in watching MOD but go to a Sunday game you could very easily still test positive.

The swabs are not confirmatory, like a COVID lateral flow but less accurate, to get a proper confirmation test that meets the judicial standard you would need to send a blood sample to a lab to be tested by a Mass Spec. That is expensive, between 250-350 GBP per sample if we use drug drive testing prices. Let's say you catch 500 people at every Premier league game, 300 GBP a sample that is 150k per game, per Premier league weekend that is 2.7 million a weekend. Are we including FA Cup and League Cup plus internationals?? Cos this already adding up.

So while I think people who use cocaine are a pain in the arse to be around, this sounds like usual hot air shite that no one has the money or properly thought out.

Oral swabs for cocaine will pick up breakdown products from days previous. In other words if you have used cocaine on a Friday night spent all day Saturday in bed and had a night in watching MOD but go to a Sunday game you could very easily still test positive.

The swabs are not confirmatory, like a COVID lateral flow but less accurate, to get a proper confirmation test that meets the judicial standard you would need to send a blood sample to a lab to be tested by a Mass Spec. That is expensive, between 250-350 GBP per sample if we use drug drive testing prices. Let's say you catch 500 people at every Premier league game, 300 GBP a sample that is 150k per game, per Premier league weekend that is 2.7 million a weekend. Are we including FA Cup and League Cup plus internationals?? Cos this already adding up.

So while I think people who use cocaine are a pain in the arse to be around, this sounds like usual hot air shite that no one has the money or properly thought out.

The original Tweet that prompted this thread talks about being caught in possession of cocaine.

I don’t think anybody is suggesting routinely drug testing fans.

We have lada on site who get caught on a Thursday PM who are adamant they haven't touched anything since Saturday night

The original Tweet that prompted this thread talks about being caught in possession of cocaine.

I don’t think anybody is suggesting routinely drug testing fans.
Argument still stands, still need to send for forensic testing and also if lads want to bring drugs in, unless you are investing in scanners then you won't catch them.

Legally it also dubious, for instance a convicted murderer/rapist could attend a PL game but not somebody caught with a few lines for personal use?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.