New Sponsorship Deals - Or Lack Thereof

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Del_Bosque, 24 Jul 2017.

1. Jazzman

Jazzman

When does the Etihad deal actually run out? Wasn't it a 10 year deal originally? If so we must be approaching the term for this deal as well.
    Regardless I think kit supply and shirt sponsor deals are growth areas for our commercial income. We should be able to get more than we have at the moment.

2. dickie davies

dickie davies

Although Etihad were already our shirt sponsor, the £400m ten year deal started in 2011

There were reports that it was being extended by a further five and being increased in value, but I can't find any confirmation that it ever was

3. bluecityste

bluecityste

Yes, hence why I said 'major'.
    Chelsea get almost 5 times our kit sponsorship income and significantly more from shirt sponsor, despite ours including stadium making rights.
    Add to this the lack of a training kit sponsorship as mentioned in the OP and going forwards we will be moving increasingly backwards compared to them and other clubs (spurs in particular with new stadium etc).
    Fingers crossed we manage to improve things significantly as, more than ever, this game is about £ and unfortunately we have wasted an obscene amount in the last few years (current window excepted).

4. abellwillring

abellwillring

New one for the US market just announced.

https://www.mancity.com/news/club news/club news/2017/july/cfg announcement?amp=1

City Football Group (CFG) and Goals Soccer Centres (Goals) have today announced a joint venture which will see the Group team up with one of the world's largest and most popular operators of dedicated, 5-a-side pitches, to create and run leading playing and training facilities across the US and Canada.

The sites will all be jointly City and Goals branded, with the new identity to be launched later this year.​

5. bugsyblue

bugsyblue

To be honest I doubt we sell as many shirts as Chelsea so I wouldn't expect us to be on the same footing. Perhaps we are due an enhanced deal mind.

6. Ric

Ric

7. Ric

Ric

8. Psychedelic Casual

Psychedelic Casual

We haven't won anything of note for a few years now. We've barely challenged for anything since 2014 and only only found ourselves in the latter stages of the CL once.

We've come on leaps and bounds but we're still not there in terms of being a sustained top club. I think in terms of success and challenging we've just overtaken Deportivo from the late 90s, Valencia in the 00s (although they got to two CL finals in a row), maybe Arsenal from early in Wenger's reign are the next post to catch. but we're still not a name that strikes "WOW" into the football world in terms of what we do on the pitch. Guardiola himself says we aren't a top club yet.

I think that's representative in some of the sponsorship deals we have (kit manufacturer for one). But considering that I think we do very well in enticing sponsors. We earn £millions$ compared to some other clubs who challenge for honours as much as we do

Hopefully it all changes in the next few years though.

Last edited: 26 Jul 2017
  9. S04

S04

We are not a "brand" yet.. Just Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal are in the prem really. Chelsea and City are moving towards it but we are not there yet.

10. mat

mat

Why do i suspect there's a big fuck off commercial deal on the horizon which covers our transfer spending twice over?