Squad Numbers - 2010/11

HellasLEAF said:
the number 9 should be given to an attacking player imo.

-- Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:07 am --

and we need to figure out what to do with the number 10. it's is a special number for a football club and should be given to an important central midfielder or forward if one doesn't emerge.

always wondered why Gallas wore the 10 at arsenal, its not atall a defensive number. the two best numbers 9 & 10 are up! saying that if we get milner he'll prob be given the number 10

I want to order the new shirt but I'm worried that the squad numbers might change for the new season.

Who is everyone else having on their shirts?

7Superman said:
I want to order the new shirt but I'm worried that the squad numbers might change for the new season.

Who is everyone else having on their shirts?

I just got one with Petrov on for £20 - said it was a one off cancelled order.
Bargain.

Personally I will wait until Sept 2nd before / if I have any squad number put on my shirt this season, At least that player will be tied to us until january at least!!

With a number of players being tipped to leave such as ned and ireland I think we will see some movement in the squad numbers before the season starts. I would love for Kompany and De Jong come down from such high numbers.

In my mind it doesn't look right that players, especially defensive ones, having such high squad numbers that you usually associate with a youngster just breaking into the side. Can understand Tevez and Ade having their preferred numbers etc but 1-11 still looks the bollocks on a team sheet (and I would even do away with names on shirts too)

Is it just me or is anyone else slightly annoyed by the high numbers of some of our players?

They should have re done them for this season and put the likes of Adebayor, Tevez, Yaya, Kolo and De Jong lower.

SambaStyle said:
Is it just me or is anyone else slightly annoyed by the high numbers of some of our players?

They should have re done them for this season and put the likes of Adebayor, Tevez, Yaya, Kolo and De Jong lower.

they pick there own numbers mate.. tevez likes 32 like when anelka always weres 39 werever he goes, but i understand where your comin from

there was a thread the other day in which someone said tevez has asked for the number 11 (his national number)

I think we could end up with somethin like this

1-given
2-richards
3-bridge
4-barry
5-zabaleta
6-Mjohnson
7-Milner
8-swp
9-balotelli
10-AJohnson
11-Tevez
12-hart
13-kolarov
14-?
15-?
16-?
17-boateng

i cant be bothered goin on

Adebayor no 9

on the ordering for the new kit on the OS it appears Ade's squad no is now 9, but when you select shows up as no 25 still. Strange

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.